Same Old World/Barn Mates

Steven, Isabella, and Peridot were telling the Crystal Gems about what happened with the Cluster.

"It was so intense down there! We were already a few layers into the Earth's crust, when suddenly, Wa-pamo! Ka powie! All these gross Cluster limbs started clawing at the drill. So, I whipped out the old Photon Blaster and, "Pew pew! P-chow chow! Take that, Cluster!". And Steven and Isabella were all, "My feelings!", and then Steven up and passes out on us! Then everything started glowing and... well, yeah, wait." Peridot clears her throat, "I'm sure Steven can fill you in on the rest since he's the one who saved us."

"You should've seen it, right bro? Tell them what happened in there!" Isabella says as Steven was looking at the barn, not listening, "Bro? You okay?"

"Hold on a sec. I'll be right back." Steven gets up and walks to the barn.

...

Greg was packing things into his van, as they prepare to leave from home.

"Are you sure you wanna stay?" Isabella asks Peridot, who was sitting on a tractor.

"You could always come back to the temple with us and live in the bathroom again." Steven suggests.

"No thanks, I have seen what goes on in there." Peridot says as Steven blushes in embarrassment, "Besides, I've grown accustomed to this place, and I should probably fix the hole that I made with my giant robot."

"Mm, okay! Well, have fun redecorating!" Steven exclaims as he and Isabella walk back to their dad.

"Well, that's everything..." Greg closes the van's back doors, "And then some. Kiddos, you ready to go home?"

Garnet pops out of the van window, "All seat belts are fastened!"

"Ready!" Isabella says as she gets in, "Peridot says she's staying."

"Eh, it's probably for the best. I don't think she would've fit in the van." Greg says.

"You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up with you on Lion." Steven told them.

"Sure, o-okay, we'll see you in a bit." Greg gets in the van and drives off.

"We'll see you later bro!" Isabella calls.

"See yaaaaaa!" Steven waves.

...

"Steven!" Isabella yells as she and the Crystal Gems run over to him, Peridot, and Lapis.

"Holy smokes!" Amethyst comments.

"Are you alright? We saw the ship and came as fast as we could." Pearl says.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Lapis saved us... But, it looks like Homeworld really has it out for Peridot." Steven says as the green gem tried to quietly sneak away.

"Peridot..." Lapis spoke, the green gem's hair standing in shock as she turned to look at her, "...Are you okay?"

Peridot beams happily at the blue gem's concern.

"Um..." Lapis blushes a blue hue, turning away to hide it.

Steven giggles gently, Isabella smirking as the other Gems stare curiously.

Suddenly, noises are heard from the crashed ship, and everyone gasps in shock. A hatch opens up with smoke gushing out, and a one-eyed Ruby soldier emerges from it, staring around towards them menacingly.