The Answer and Happy Birthday

Just to let you guys know, I changed one little detail about Isabella. She's not older than Steven anymore. She technically is, but because she was born first. Isabella and Steven are now twins instead of one being older than the other. It fits with the fanfiction better.

Inside the barn, Steven and Isabella were fast asleep on the back of a truck, the boy snoring loudly. A shadowy figure approaches the two as Steven snores one more time before he and Isabella wake up.

It was Garnet, without her visor, "Isabella! Steven!"

"Garnet!" Steven exclaims.

"Is it morning already?" Isabella asks.

"It's midnight! Happy birthday!" Garnet says.

Steven grabs his cheeks, then sits up and grabs Garnet's cheeks, "Oh man! Are you finally gonna tell me that you're a fusion of the Gems Ruby and Sapphire like you promised?"

"Steven, we already know that." Isabella reminded him.

Steven sighs, lying down, "It's true."

"But what you two don't know is how Ruby and Sapphire first met." Garnet told them.

Steven sits back up and grabs Garnet's cheeks again, blushing with stars in his eyes as Isabella had diamonds in her eyes, "O-M-G! We don't!"

Garnet blushes and giggles as she begins to retell the story of how Ruby and Sapphire first met. The story included that they were in Blue Diamond's court and back then the Crystal Gems were only Rose and Pearl. Garnet explained how she first fused, how Ruby and Sapphire explored Earth, how they fused a second time, and finally how she became a Crystal Gem.

"So, what was it?" Isabella asks, "The answer."

"Love." Garnet whispers, smiling.

"Wow...I knew it!" Steven exclaims.

"So did I." Garnet told them.

In the morning, Amethyst was blowing up balloons, Pearl was making a ribbon bow, and Isabella and Steven were helping Garnet make a banner.

"I can't believe it's finally our birthday." Steven exclaims.

"You're sure it's okay we're taking a break from the drill?" Isabella asks.

"Peridot will keep us on schedule." Pearl told her as the green gem walked out of the barn, carrying supplies.

"Yo, Peri! You sure you don't want to get in on this?" Amethyst asks as she blows up a balloon that looks like Peridot. The balloon pops and Peridot puts on her welding goggles, disappearing around the corner of the barn.

"We should celebrate our progress. We should celebrate your progress. You both have grown a lot this year." Garnet places a hand on Steven's head.

"They certainly have." Pearl adds.

"Yeah. Yeah, I guess so!" Steven says as a car horn was heard, making them look over.

"Dad and Connie are here!" Isabella says as Connie climbs out of the van with a suitcase.

Isabella goes over to help Greg with the supplies from the van, "Connie! Why is there a defibrillator and where should it go?"