Keep Beach City Weird

Steven rushes inside, exhausted and slams the door behind him.

"Steven, what did Pearl say about slamming the door?" Isabella was sitting on the couch, texting Sadie on her phone.

"Sis! We need to snake-proof the house!" Steven exclaims.

"Why?"

"To stop the snake people!"

Isabella slowly smiles before laughing, "Snake people?! Are you serious?!"

Steven blushes angrily, "What's so funny about sneople? Look at this." Steven showed her a picture of holes in the cliff on his phone.

"That must be from when the Gems fought those drill parasites on the beach." Isabella told him.

"Wha? Well, what about this." he swipes to the next photo, some red rocks.

"Those look like pieces of that red eye we blew up with Mom's light cannon."

Steven swipes to the flower photo, "Well, what about this!"

Isabella deadpans, "Steven...those are the flowers from our Mom's moss. You were there, remember?"

"Is all the weird stuff that happens in Beach City because of us?" Steven asks her.

"Well, yeah. I thought that was obvious." Isabella answers.

"I need some air..." Steven walks out the house.

Isabella shrugs before writing something down, "If I could begin to be..."

Later...

Steven was slouching on the couch, looking at Ronaldo's blog, which has been shut down.

"What's wrong, Steven?" Pearl sits down next to him.

"I think I broke Ronaldo's heart." Steven said, sadly.

"Oh, Steven. Humans just lead short, boring, insignificant lives, so they make up stories to feel like they're a part of something bigger. They want to blame all the world's problems on some single enemy they can fight, instead of a complex network of interrelated forces beyond anyone's control." Pearl explains.

"It's sad, and funny." Amethyst says.

"Don't feel bad about it, okay? It's not like he was ever going to be right." Pearl walks off.

Steven looks at a coin on the table, which has a snake emblem on it and lightens up, "Hey, sis? Can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?" Isabella asks.

"Can you help me fix Ronaldo?"

"Uh...sure. I have nothing else to do."

Steven grabs a costume and his sister's hand before running to the door.

Pearl was washing dishes, "Steven, Isabella, where are you two going?"

"We're gonna go fix Ronaldo! We'll be back in an hour!" Steven and Isabella run out the door.

...

"So, you want me to act like one of those "snake people"?" Isabella asks as she's wearing a snake costume.

"Yep!"

"What do I even say?!"

"Just act like a snake!" Steven exclaims, before dragging her over to Ronaldo and Peedee, "Hey, Ronaldo! I found one of the snake people!"