Cry for Help

Steven, Amethyst, and Isabella were watching a show that Steven liked until the TV signal started to glitch up.

"Aw, not again. It was doing this yesterday too." Steven says.

"Hang on, I got it." Amethyst gets up and kicks the side of the TV a few times, "How about now? Gah!" The TV starts shaking a rumbling.

"It's never done that before." Isabella says as a flickering video of a familiar gem appears, the gem speaking gibberish before stabilizing as her dialogue becomes audible.

"This is Peridot transmitting on all frequencies from abandoned crystal system colony planet Earth, to Yellow Diamond. My mission has been compromised, my escort and informant are gone and I am now stranded! Please send help!"

Her speech repeats as the Gems gathered around the TV to watch it.

"Okay, thanks." Steven hangs up his phone, "Connie says it's on her TV too."

"But where could Peridot be broadcasting a signal that strong?" Pearl asks.

"There's only one place." Garnet told them.

Later...

Lion emerges out of a portal with Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst riding on his back. He collapses off his feet from the weight of the Gems as Isabella and Steven pop out of his mane, gasping for air.

"Lion, are you okay?" Steven asks before petting his head.

"It's as I feared." Garnet says as they see the Communication Hub, crudely reconstructed back together, glowing and shooting a beam of light towards the sky.

"It looks like Peridot somehow repaired the Communication Hub. Well, at least some of it." Pearl informs.

"So... we just gotta destroy it again, right?" Isabella asks.

Steven turns to Amethyst, excited, "You guys should form Sugilite!"

"Yeah... Well, it's up to Garnet, I guess." Amethyst smiles a bit and turns to Garnet as Pearl looks scared, "What do you say? Shall we mash it up?..."

"No."

Amethyst looked shocked, "But, don't we need to be huge like last time?"

"Last time was a disaster. Last time we fused, Sugilite went berserk. It's because of her that we can't even warp here anymore." Garnet gestures to the broken warp pad that got smashed by a huge rock. The fusion takes off her visor, "I can be brash, you can be reckless. And we can both get carried away." She puts her visor back on as it reflects Amethyst off it, "So, for the time being, Sugilite is benched. What we need now is to be careful." she turns to Pearl as Isabella and Steven gasp, "It's you and me, Pearl. Let's fuse." Pearl looked astonished as she began to tear up, "Don't cry, Pearl." Pearl tries not to cry and quivers as she strongly breathes in through her nose, sniffling thickly, "Come on, let's do this." She walks to an open area.

"I'm right behind you." Pearl wipes her tears away, sniffling as she follows after the fusion.

"Woo-hoo! Fusion! Fusion! Fusion! Fusion!" Steven cheers as he sits down besides Lion.

Isabella sits down next to him, smiling.

Garnet's gemstones glow, "Ready."

Pearl grunts and stretches, "Hang on, it's been such a long time...!" her gemstone glows as well as Amethyst walks over next to Isabella.

Garnet and Pearl begin to dance. The fusion throws Pearl into the air,the white gem spinning in mid-air before falling back down into Garnet's arms. A pillar of orange light begins to emanate from the Gems' prior position, and a fusion Gem emerges from the light pillar, pulling it apart like curtains, and dissipating it into small lightning dragonflies, "Gooooood evening, everybody!" She struts over to the others, doing a twirl, "This is the lovely Sardonyx! Coming to you live from the soon-to-be-former Communication Hub! How are y'all doin' tonight?"