Together Forever

Isabella spies on Steven and Connie as they were on the beach with a picnic, "Does he honestly think this will work?"

"Him proposing to Connie?" Lars was next to her, "Yeah. I'm surprised he didn't ask you for advice."

"Probably because he knew I would say no. Garnet told me about it, so after this is over, we'll just take him home."

Connie blushes, "Steven! This is..."

Steven runs over, "I remember it like it was yesterday!"

"This is so cute."

"Connie, there's something very important that I want to say to you today." he picks up a guitar, Connie looking in awe as he starts to sing.

Steven: I'd rather be tall, I'd rather be smart, I'd rather be sure you know I care. Wherever you go, Whatever you start, I'd rather be sure you know I'm there. I'd rather I always be apart of whatever you do. I'd rather be me, with you. Wherever we go, I already trust, I'd know what to do if it were us. I'd know what to say, I'd know how to be, I'd know your entire syllabus. I can't think of any other thing in the world I would rather do...If I could be, I'd rather be me, with you...

Connie claps, "Steven, that's so beautiful!" she pauses upon seeing Steven get down on one knee, holding up a glow bracelet, "S-Steven?"

"Here we go..." Isabella sighs.

"Connie...will you marry me?"

"What?"

"Let's get married and live as Stevonnie!"

"What?!" Connie shouts, falling back a bit as Steven looked concerned. She chuckles nervously, "Steven, maybe we should talk about this first?"

Steven stands up, "I know you might think I'm being sentimental, but this makes sense! For example, I don't know what you've been studying, but Stevonnie does! We can go to college together!"

Connie stands up as well, "Steven, come on, we're really young!"

"You...You don't wanna be Stevonnie with me?"

"Of course I do. But I wanna be my own person too."

"Well, yeah. But..." Steven closes his hand on the bracelet as Connie goes over and hugs him, "Is-Is it a "no"?"

"It's a "not now", Steven."

"But if we're sure that we're gonna spend our lives together, why not say it now?"

Connie holds his hands, "We've got plenty of time. Don't worry."

"I'm not worried, I'm just happy to be with you, that's all."

"I'm happy to be with you too. It's just that-" Connie gets cut off as her phone alarm rings, "Oh no! My alarm!" she turns it off, "Forget studying right now, it doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does. It's important to you."

"You're important to me!"

"I'm fine! We'll talk about it later. Lion's waiting for you."

"Steven, a-are you sure?"

"Yeah." Steven smiles in reassurance.

Connie hugs him, "I'll call you tomorrow at lunchtime."

...

Connie waves as she was on Lion.

"Good luck studying!" Steven calls to her as she and the pink creature left.

Isabella watches her brother with a saddened look, slowly glowing pink before turning back to her normal color quickly before anyone noticed. She slides down to the beach, placing a hand on her brother's shoulder as Lars grabs the picnic basket, "Come on, bro. Let's go."

...

The trio walk back to the beach house.

"I don't get it. Ruby and Sapphire said I should go for it." Steven told them.

"You can't trust love advice from those two hopeless romantics." Isabella informs him, side hugging him.

"Then why didn't Garnet stop me?"

"She told me that there was no future where you didn't propose to Connie."

"Of course." Steven looks upset.

"Steven, from what I've learned from dating Isabella, your soulmate is your complement, not your missing piece. Your sister and I love being Larella, but we have our own individual lives too, like Ruby and Sapphire. Whatever hole there is in your life, I want you to understand that Connie-Stevonnie won't be able to fill it." Lars told him as the trio sit down on the stairs.

"It's just that y-you two and Garnet make it look so easy!" Steven takes the picnic basket, "I mean, I hate to say it, but this is kind of your fault for being so...so perfect!"

"We know you're upset, bro." Isabella tries to comfort him.

"Well-Well maybe shoving this adorable cake in my face will make me feel better." Steven opens the cake box, finding the cake in pieces.

"It really, really won't." Lars told him.

Steven shoves a piece of cake into his mouth, tearfully, "I'm doing it anyway!"

"I know." Isabella holds her brother close.