Mindful Education

Isabella, Pearl, and Garnet warp in.

"Steven, Connie! I hope you two are ready for today's special lesson." Pearl walks over to them.

"Oh, no, was I supposed to bring something?" Connie asks.

"Just yourselves." Garnet answers.

"Garnet's sitting in this time!She's very excited to see you fight as Stevonnie." Isabella told the two.

"Oh! Right! Fusion training." Connie remembers.

"I made a sign. Woooop." Garnet pulls out a sign from behind her back, "This side is for both of you," she flips it over, "and this side is for Stevonnie. It's two signs in one. A fusion sign." she grins.

Steven and Isabella laugh, "Fusion joke."

Connie chuckles weakly.

...

Steven and Connie face odd against two Holo-Pearls while Isabella and Garnet spectate from the seats.

"Ready, kids?" Pearl asks.

"Yes, ma'am!" Steven exclaims before elbowing Connie, who looked distracted, "Connie!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Ste-ven! Con-nie! Whoo!" Garnet cheers.

"You got this!" Isabella adds.

"Initiating fusion dance." the Holo-Pearls dance in a robotic way to fuse into one big Holo-Pearl, "Come at me, children."

Steven and Connie nod to each other before dancing to fuse into Stevonnie, the fusion summoning their shield in one hand and drawing their sword in the other as Garnet flips her sign over, "Let's dance."

"Let us...begin!" Pearl announces as the fight starts up.

Holo-Pearl attacks first, the two duelists exchanging offenses and defense before the hologram unleashes a flurry of attacks, Stevonnie jumping over it and floating to a nearby pillar.

"Huh?" Stevonnie chuckles.

Pearl gasps, "Oh!"

"Awesome! Stevonnie has Steven's floating powers!" Isabella grins.

"Time to finish the job!" Stevonnie jumps off the pillar and dives toward Holo-Pearl, but something happens, "Huh? I'm sorry!" they dive past the hologram and collide into the ground, Pearl, Garnet, and Isabella gasping in shock as the fusion unfuses back into Steven and Connie.

The trio run over to the kids, "Steven! Connie!"

"W-What happened?" Steven asks.

"That's what we would like to know." Isabella frowns, "You just dived past, almost like you hesitated. That makes you vulnerable."

"Mmmuh! Nugh!" Connie runs off.

"Connie, wait!" Steven runs after her.

Isabella stares after them in confusion before looking up at Garnet and Pearl, "Was it something I said?"

...

Isabella watches Garnet and Stevonnie singing from the porch. She sighs to herself as she sings the last line to herself.

Isabella: Take a moment to think of just...Flexibility, love, and trust...Take a moment to think of just...Flexibility, love, and trust.

A butterfly flies away from her as she looks worried.

...

Isabella fights against multiple Holo-Pearls with skillful maneuvers and techniques that impress Garnet, Pearl, Steven, and Connie.

"Great technique, Isabella!" Pearl ducks under two defeated Holo-Pearls flying by, "Whew! Keep it up!"

"Thanks, Pearl!"

"Go, sis!" Steven cheers.

Isabella charges at another Holo-Pearl and thrusts her sword forward, impaling the hologram, "Hyah!" she pauses as she starts to hallucinate, "What?..." she looks up to see Bismuth looking at her before poofing into a swarm of butterflies. She backs away, "Bismuth? What was she doing here?"

"Isabella!" Garnet calls out to her, snapping her out of it, "Breathe!"

"What's going on? What's happening to her?" Pearl asks.

"Is she okay?" Connie adds.

"She's got this!" Garnet reassures them.

"Y-Yeah, I'm...I'm..." Isabella starts to hallucinate again, this time, Jasper, being corrupted, appears before her, "Jasper." the Gem approaches her, growing in size as the teen quickly moved back, "I-I tried to help you. You wouldn't listen. I..." her shield disappears as Eyeball Ruby appears in front of her now, "I told you to stop! I-I had no choice!"

"Sis! It's okay to think about it!" Steven calls out to her.

Isabella starts to crumble under Bismuth, Jasper, and Eyeball's gazes, "I thought I could, but it's so much! I can't do it!" the three Gems burst into swarms of butterflies, the swarms flying together. The teen girl has tears running down her cheeks as the butterflies form the head and hair of Rose Quartz, who glares down at her in disappointment. She drops her sword and continues to back away, "No...No...No-Ah!" she nearly falls off the edge, but Steven and Connie grab onto her and pull her forwards.

"Sis, what's wrong?" Steven hugs her.

"I didn't want to hurt anyone!"

Connie hugs her as well as Pearl and Garnet walk over.

"I'm sorry! None of them would let me help them! I had no choice!"

"It's okay!" Connie reassures her.

"No, it's not!"

"But it's okay to think about it!" Steven told her.

"It feels so bad!" Isabella tries to wipe her tears away.

"That's okay, too! There was nothing else you could've done!" Connie told her.

"I don't want to feel this way." the teen girl frowns.

"You have to. You have to be honest about how bad it feels so you can move on. That's how it was for me." Connie says.

Isabella breathes in and out, "Okay..." she continues to breathe, ignoring the butterflies around her. Garnet and Pearl put their hands on her shoulders as the girl smiles, "I'm here."