Prickly Pair

Isabella stands at the door of the conservatory, the Gems and Steven walking over to her.

"Isabella! Special delivery!" Pearl sings.

"We got your dirt, Isa!" Amethyst hands her a bag of dirt.

"Thanks, guys; come on in." Isabella enters the room, the others following her inside to be greeted by a plethora of blossoming plants.

"Wooow!"

"How much magic spit did it take to grow all these plants?!" Amethyst asks.

Isabella giggles, "I grew these the old-fashioned way."

"So this is what you've been doing since you left Little Homeschool." Garnet realizes.

"Yeah, working at the school was great, but I don't know if it's my calling. Besides, watching the Off Colors graduate was so...bittersweet." Isabella frowns for a moment.

Steven wraps an arm around her, hugging her.

"Well I think this is a wonderful way to get in some much-needed 'you' time." Pearl told her.

"'Me' time? I'm hardly alone." Isabella told her, "I gave the plants some names since I don't know the actual names of some."

Steven crouches down to look at a blue flower, "I think I like this one the most."

"Good, because I named that lil' one Connie." Isabella walks past him with a teasing smile, her brother blushing, "That onion over there is Onion. Oh!" she rushes over to some perennials, "And these perennials always come back. That one's Sadie, and the rest are her band. 'Daisy Clover and the Shrub-spects'."

"Uh...Sis..." Steven points at a pink flower, "What did you call that one?"

"Oh! This one's my favorite! I named this one Lars." Isabella starts speaking to the plant as if it was an actual person, "You're stuck in da ground, aren't cha? Not gonna zip into space and leave evwy'one behind, isn't that right?"

Garnet and Pearl look on in concern, Amethyst holding up a wad of dirt and eating it.

"Sis..." Steven tries to tell her how unhealthy it is to name her plants after her friends, but can't find the heart to say it.

"This may not be the healthiest approach to your new hobby." Garnet spoke for him.

"I'm just havin' a lil' fun, that's all! B-But seriously, everything's going great." Isabella reassures them.

"In that case, we'll leave you to it!" Pearl exclaims.

"Have fun with your plants, Isa." Amethyst adds as the four leave the building.

Garnet peeks in again briefly, "You should keep a close eye on your cactus." the door shuts.

"Huh?" Isabella spots her cactus, sighing, "What am I doing? Is this really my thing now? Plants?" she uses a small scalpel to remove the top of the cactus, "They aren't even impressed. Guess plants aren't as cool as liberating the galaxy..." she sets the cactus aside and fills another pot up with dirt. She looks to the cactus top in her hand, "Now...Have to give you a home." she pokes the cactus by accident, "Ah! Yowch..." she puts her injured finger in her mouth to relieve the pain. She removes her finger and picks up the cactus by two spines and places it in the pot, "There ya go." she brushes off her hands, "That should do it." she then leaves the building when her stomach growls.

...

Isabella walks in with a watering can, but drops it in shock, gasping as her cactus was alive, "Ohmigosh! Did I bring my cactus to life?!"

"Woof, woof woof!"

...

The Crystal Gems take a groupie as Isabella walked down.