The Future

Steven sets a stereo down on the beach, pressing play as he and his sister start to work out.

"Let's exercise! Cha! One...two!...Two...two!...Three...two!...Four...two!..."

Lion roars, his portal opening as he lands on top of the stereo with Lars and Connie on his back.

"Good morning." Lars greets.

"One last routine before hitting the road?" Connie adds.

"Yeah...I'll be sitting for a while." Steven says.

"And I won't be with him for a while either." Isabella adds, making her brother hug her.

...

Connie types on a computer that was on her lap while Steven studied a map laid out in front of him, Isabella and Lars petting Lion.

"I'll be in Charm City in time for Shep and Sadie's concert, I'll meet up with you and Lion on Providence Island when you're touring schools, and then I'll catch up with Belle and Lars for our weekly space hangout."

"I'll add that to your Boogle Maps doc. So...how did everyone take the news?" Connie asks.

Steven looks up from the map, "We basically told everyone in Beach City, plus our dad, but, we haven't told the Gems yet."

"You gotta tell them!" Lars says.

"We know, we just have no idea how they're gonna take it. They've been so protective of me these last few months since my meltdown." Isabella told them.

"I wonder if there's a way we can let them down easy." Steven thinks to himself.

...

Isabella and Steven stand at the foot of the table, facing the warp pad as the Gems warp in.

"Oh, Isabella, Steven!" Pearl exclaims, "Were you waiting for us?"

Steven opens a cooler full of homemade Cookie Cats, "We sure were."

"Whoa, Cookie Cat?!" Amethyst exclaims as she grabs one.

"I thought they stopped making them." Pearl adds, her and Garnet grabbing one as well.

"They did, so we made our own." Isabella gestures to the Cookie Cat's slightly deformed face, "You can really tell."

Garnet takes a bite of her Cookie Cat, while Amethyst has already finished hers.

"They're delicious."

"Mmm-mmm!"

Pearl takes a nibble out of her Cookie Cat's ear, "Scrumptious!"

"Remember when you used to sing that song for us, Steven?" Amethyst asks.

"If I may..." Pearl clears her throat as she, Amethyst, and Garnet recite the lyrics to the Cookie Cat song.

Pearl: Oohhhhh! He's a frozen treat with an all new taste!

Amethyst: 'Cause he came to this planet from outer space!

Garnet: A refugee of an interstellar war!

Pearl: But now he's at your local grocery store!

Amethyst: Cookie Cat!

Pearl: He's a pet for your tummy!

Amethyst: Cookie Cat!

Pearl: He's super-duper yummy!

Amethyst: Cookie Cat!

"He left his family behind." Garnet spoke the line.