Now We're Only Falling Apart/What's Your Problem/The Question

Amethyst and Garnet sit down on the couch, Isabella, Steven, and Pearl standing in front of them.

"Let me get this straight. Rose Quartz, leader of the Crystal Gems, Isabella and Steven's mom, was actually Pink Diamond?!" Amethyst grabs her hair.

"She faked her own shattering." Isabella explains.

"...and reformed to be Rose all the time." Steven adds.

"Pink Diamond's final command to me was that no one could know. But now that Isabella and Steven do, I can finally tell you all everything!" Pearl says.

"Phew! I mean, a pink lion, a pink sword, and now Pink Diamond?! Huh, if you told me Rose invented cotton candy, I'd believe it. Right, Garnet?" Amethyst nudges the fusion, who shakes in her seat and slowly stands up, "Uh, Garnet?"

"Rose... She... She...! Ughh... Ahh...!" A single tear drips from her eye as the fusion unfuses into Ruby, who looks worried, and Sapphire, who looks upset.

"Sapphire-"

"She lied to us! She lied about everything!" Sapphire freezes the floor, "She held our hands, looked us right in the eyes, and told us to never question who we are as Garnet. We never questioned ourselves, or her!"

"We couldn't have known!" Ruby told her.

"No, you couldn't have known. You never know what's going on. That's what I'm for!"

"Sapphire..."

"But I never looked into her, I trusted her... I let her make fools of us all!" Sapphire walks over to the warp pad.

Ruby chases after her, "Sapphire, wait!"

"Guys!" Steven tries to run after them but nearly slips on the ice, Isabella holding him up.

"Please... We can just stay calm a-and talk about this, right? Let's just... talk." Ruby tries to reason with her.

"Talk about what? How our relationship is based on a lie?" Sapphire lets a tear run down her face, "What else is there to say?" she warps away as Ruby collapses onto her knees.

"Ruby, I'm so sorry..." Pearl apologizes.

"Come on, Pearl. Let's explain everything to Sapphire." Isabella slowly makes her way to the warp pad.

"Right." Pearl follows after her.

"Sit tight, Ruby. We'll go and get Sapphire." Steven reassures her.

"Okay..." Ruby starts to cry as the three warp away.

...

They end up at Rose's sanctuary. Snow was everywhere and it was cold. Everything was frozen.

"Maybe she's here." Pearl says.

"Sapphire!" Steven spots the blue gem near the Rose Quartz statue. They run up to her, only for a blast of ice to stop them.

"Everything we were running from, she was right there all along... Using us for her... little war...? Smiling at us with those... knowing eyes...? Making me believe in a better future that I couldn't see, because it wasn't real. And now here we are, our friends, shattered!... And corrupted!... Of course she was a Diamond. What a long road she took, to torture us all like this..."