An Indirect Kiss

Isabella and Connie were on a hill above the temple. Connie sets a blanket down as Isabella holds a picnic basket.

"Steven, hurry up!" Connie calls.

The boy was lying on Lion's back, being carried up the hill. When Lion stops, Steven falls off.

"Are you okay?" Connie asks.

"I'm fine." Steven answers, not even getting up.

Isabella sighs, "Steven, it's not that bad. Have a sandwich." she gives him a sandwich.

"Thanks." Steven eats the sandwich slowly.

"Okay, uh... So, um... Is this fence new?" Connie gestures to the fence around them. 

"Yeah, we put that up awhile ago."  Isabella told her.

"Uh, it's a long story." Steven adds.

Connie blushes, "Is it a magic story?!" 

Isabella waves her hand in a so-so motion, "Kinda."

"Mayybee?" Steven drags the word out.

"Well, what happened?" Connie asks, "Tell me, please." 

"Okay, okay. But it's not a happy story." Steven told her.

"So Amethyst was horsing around by the cliff and was scaring the heck out of Steven. Eventually, a piece of the cliff broke off and she fell from the cliff and onto a rock." Isabella says.

"So I ran there as fast as I could." Steven adds.

FLASHBACK START

Steven is exhausted as he walks up to Amethyst, then pants and falls onto the sand, "You sure you're okay?"

"Yes, Steven, I'm fine. Except for this!" Amethyst moves part of her hair to show her enlarged eye as Garnet, Pearl, and Isabella run over.

"Amethyst!" Pearl shouts.

"Great..." Amethyst mutters. 

"Show me your gem!" Pearl demands.

"Fresh!" Amethyst slaps her hand away.

Garnet raises Amethyst's arm with one hand and pulls her shirt down with her other hand to reveal a cracked gem. Amethyst blushes and looks away as she does so.

Pearl gasps, "Amethyst! Your gem is cracked!"

"Rude!" Amethyst covers her gem with her shirt.

"Is that bad?" Isabella asks.

"Ah- It's not a big deal! Plus, now I have this cool googly eye." Amethyst shakes her head around making the eye spin as Steven laughs.

"How did Amethyst crack her gem?" Isabella asks.

"She fell off the cliff by the lighthouse." Steven answers.

"Did not!" Amethyst denies.

"Of course... How could I have been so blind? We need to put a fence up there, so this will never happen again!" Pearl says.