Future Vision

Isabella was listening to music on her phone before a crash made her pause the song. Some of Steven's toys and a box was scattered all over the floor while Garnet was holding Steven.

Isabella sighs in relief, "Steven, you're so lucky that Garnet showed up."

"Luck's got nothing to do with it." Garnet shifts her visor.

"What do you mean by that?" Isabella asked as she and Steven sit down and start picking up the toys that spilled out of the box.

Garnet kneels in front of them, "Don't worry about it."

"No, seriously. How do you always know where to be?" Isabella asked.

"Mmm." Garnet picks up Steven's MC Bear Bear while smiling, "I don't think Steven can handle that information." she hands him the bear.

"Are you gonna tell us something cool about yourself?" Steven smiles excitedly.

"Nope."

"Aw, come on." Steven frowns, "I'm a b... large man now."

"Well I guess you could say that I have a sort of future vision." Garnet's visor reflects light, "I'm able to see possible outcomes to most situations."

"Woah!" Isabella smiles as Steven had his tongue out while smiling.

"Which comes in handy since you two seem to attract a lot of danger."

"Well, danger are our middle names." Steven smirks.

"That's a lie. Your middle names, are cutie pie." Garnet taps the two on the nose.

Isabella giggles as Steven makes a "Haaa!" sound.

Later, outside the beach...

Garnet, Isabella, and Steven work out on the beach while marching on the same place. A stereo plays a track of a man making rhythmic noises as Garnet, Isabella, and Steven do different exercise positions according to the noises the man makes. Garnet summons her gauntlets as Steven and Isabella pick up dumbbell weights and they continue exercising. 16 beat counts later, Garnet eventually raises her arm and smashes the stereo on the 16th beat.

"Okay, we're done." Garnet told them.

Steven puts down the weights and looks sad, "But the day still has so much potential!"

Isabella puts her weights down as well, "Garnet, what are our breakfast possibilities?"

"Well, you're already outside, so you'll probably go to the Big Donut." Garnet answered.

Steven looks amazed, "Wow. That's amazing." he scratches his head as Garnet unsummons her gauntlets, "Um, do you see any possible futures where you, um, come with us and have a great time?"

"Hmm." Garnet thinks as Steven wiggles his eyebrows. She adjusts her visor, "Yes."

Steven gasps, "Really?! Then let's go!" he grabs Garnet by the hand as the three start to walk to the Big Donut.

"So, can Pearl and Amethyst see the future, too?" Isabella asks.

"No one can see the future. I can see options and trajectories. Time is like a river that splits into creeks or pools into lakes or careens down waterfalls." Garnet adjusts her visor, "I have the map, and I steer the ship."

"I see." Isabella understands as they walk through the door.

"So, what would happen if I said "hi" to Sadie?" Steven asks.

"The most probable outcome is that Sadie will say "hi" back." Garnet told him.

"Hmm. Hi, Sadie!" Steven greets.

"Oh, hi, Steven." Sadie greets back.

Steven laughs, "Oh, that was an easy one. What would happen if..." he points to Lars, "I said "hi" to my BFF, Lars? Our friendship is deep, but complicated. So the outcome of this experiment is waaaay unpredictable!"

"Okay, I thought Connie was your BFF." Isabella comments.

"I see a single potential future where Lars gives you a high five." Garnet explains as Steven gasps excitedly, "And two more potential futures where you suffer third-degree burns all over your body."

"A high five... from Lars!"

"Steven, you act as if Lars is a well known celebrity." Isabella comments.

"Hi, Lars!" Steven runs over.

Lars gets startled and the pitcher of coffee flies towards Steven. Garnet protects Steven from the hot coffee by blocking it with her body.

Sadie looks surprised as she covers her mouth with both hands.

"Garnet!" Isabella exclaims.

"Criminy! Are you okay?! That coffee was really hot!" Lars told her.

"I drink coffee for breakfast." Garnet shrugs the coffee off of her.

Steven chuckles nervously like SpongeBob, "Funny."

The three head over to BC Fries.

"You know exactly what I want." Steven says as Peedee gets the fry bits.

"Any possible futures here where Steven's hurt by this?" Isabella asks.

"Hmm. Mm." Garnet thinks, "Tons."

"Uh, like what?" Steven asks, nervously.

"Well, for starters you could just be going on about your business, eating your fry bits and then suddenly you choke to death! Or you get so distracted that you fall down a manhole! You could get food poisoning, or be bullied by wasps.  And that's just a few instances off the top of my head."

Steven looking scared, takes the fry bits, "W-What if I stand perfectly still?"

"You'll probably get a really bad sunburn. Yeah." Garnet answers before she and Isabella start to walk off.

"Uh, Garnet, Sis, wait up!" Steven runs after them.

The next day...

"So you went on a roof?...Even though Garnet told you not to?" Isabella asked with a deadpan look.

"Yep."

"...What are we going to do with you?"