16 (Late Valentine's special)

First Love (2)
(XenonxMaia)

Valentine's Day have finally arrived! Love is in the air! Even the school were excited to celebrate this particular day as it was filled with decorations. As usual, Maia and Daiki went to school together when they bumped into Xenon and Eirito at their shoes locker.

Eirito: Oh, good morning Daiki-kun, Mai-chan.

Xenon: Yo.

Daiki: Good morning.

Maia: Morning...

Eirito: *Open his locker & boxes started to fall from it* Oh goodness...!

Xenon: *Laugh* Must be hard to be a popular guy!

Eirito: *Pout*

As he laughed, Xenon opened his locker and a pool of chocolate boxes fell from it.

Xenon: *Dumbfounded* ........

Eirito: *Snicker* ...Well, looks like I'm not the only one.

Xenon: Oh shut up...! This is way too much for me...how come I get chocolates too!?

Eirito: You must be handsome in most girl's eyes~

Xenon: Oh shush you! If I had to receive one, I would want one from-- *Cough* I mean nothing!

As they were arguing, Maia secretly hold the chocolate cake she specially made for Xenon. Their friends started to arrive one by one before went to their perspective classes. Maia was minding her own business when she heard some girls talking about Xenon.

Girl 2: Soo...when will you confess to Fukumoto-kun?

Girl 1: Eh...!? N-no...I can't do it...!

Girl 3: You've been like crushing on him ever since our freshman year! When will you confess to him? You should get him while you still can!

Girl 1: Uh...

Girl 2: Yeah! He's still single after all!

Girl 1: ..... *Nod* Okay...I will after school...

Maia: ........

Timeskip...

Maia decided to give the chocolate cake to Xenon...but for some reason, she felt nervous just at the thought of it.

Maia: (Calm down Maia...just give him the chocolate and nothing more...) *Spotted Xenon from afar* Ah...Xenon!

Xenon: *Heard her* Huh...? Mai?

Maia: *Run towards him with the chocolate cake on her hands* Th-there is something I want to--! *Trip & fall flat on the ground* ...!!

Xenon: Whoa! A-are you okay Mai?! That was a pretty hard fall..! *Hurriedly went to her*

Maia: *Slowly stood up* ...I-I'm okay... *Quickly run away* It's okay--!!

Xenon: *Surprise by her speed* (Eh...!? Why is she running away...!? Did I say something wrong...!?)

Maia ran towards the garden before sitting on the bench. She stared at now crushed chocolate cake.

Maia: *Sigh* (...I can't give this to him...and I was proud of this cake too...) *Slowly took a bite* (... It's delicious too...)