21

The Root of Vladimir's Mindset

(Most of it are relate to my original story. Only a few and some characters are from a roleplay I have with my friend.)

People who knew Vladimir often described him as a serious yet caring individual with a troublemaker personality. But they never knew about his past. Except Gilbert, his twin brother. He's the only one who said differently about his brother.

"Everyone often sees him as a serious yet caring individual with a troublemaker personality. I agree with that. But... he's more than just that. And that part of him...reminds me of how weak I am."

No one knew how much pain Vladimir was in. Especially in the past...where his terrible parents were still alive.

Dracula: *Harshly grab Vlad's hair*

Vladimir: *Tried to fight back* Let me go!!

Dracula: You won't ever listen to me ever since you decide to rebel against me!! Your own father!! I'll bring you to your very own solitary confinement!! *Drag Vlad to a small room & throw him in there* Worthless! You're lucky that you're strong enough to inherit my skills! Otherwise I would've kill you, just like the previous tools I have to raise!

Vladimir: ...I will never serve you as a tool. You will never be strong enough to beat anyone in the Demon Realm!

Dracula: *Kick him in the stomach* Once I'm done with getting what I want, I'll be dealing with you. I'll teach you how to fear your own family. *Put chains on his neck, wrists & ankles before leaving the room, locking it*

Vladimir: *Hold his stomach in pain* ........

Tails: *Silently appeared beside him in his human form* ...My, you are certainly a wonder, Vladimir. You're brave enough to rebel directly against him. I have to wonder who you get this personality from.

Vladimir: ...I...heard a story about someone who's quite strong and help people in need. I think his name is Alexander...

Tails: *Heal his injuries* ... Alexander huh? Is he a Demon?

Vladimir: Yeah...I heard he saved tons of people who have same situations as me...

Tails: Are you hoping that he'll save you one day?

Vladimir: *Nod*

Tails: Vladimir...I... *Hesitate but sigh* ...I don't want to say this but...sometimes, the 'heroes' are not like you think they are. I think you should be careful not to trust those rumours too much. It'll hurt you someday...

Vladimir: ...You talked like you have experience with it.

Tails: *Chuckle bitterly* ...You're still a child, Vlad...I hate the idea of you losing hope. We'll fight your parents...together.

Vladimir: Together...with Gilbert...

Tails: Hm... I'm rather surprised to hear that. I know he's your twin but he works closely with your father.

Vladimir: He never wanted this! I could tell... he's scared. I have to save him from them...I can't let him get killed like my older siblings...

Tails: ...I see. Get stronger Vlad... I'll support you and your twin.

Timeskip...

A few weeks after that, Vladimir continued to rebel against Dracula and endured abuse non stop. Luckily for Gilbert, Dracula didn't pay attention to him as much as he did to Vladimir so Gilbert can steal information about his father's weakness.

However, this one event changes Vladimir's life and point of view...

Vladimir: *Quietly walk through the corridors, trying not to get caught that he's escaped from his cell* (I managed to escape from the cell, thanks to Gilbert...but what's going on...? I heard some screaming...)

When he arrived at Dracula's study room, what he saw was shocking. Dracula was on the floor, unconscious. There was someone else...a child?

No...he recognised that man. It was Alexander! The man he have heard about! He silently watched the scene as Alexander took a jar from his father's study table.

Alexander: Hmph... that's what you get for stealing her eyes. I guess you're not as strong as I thought.

Alexander realized someone was watching him so he looked around, spotted Vladimir in the process. Vladimir look hopeful for a moment before he realized what kind of eyes Alexander gave him.

.....Hatred.

Alexander glared at him with hatred before leaving the mansion.

Vladimir: (No...no... don't leave...!! Don't leave us...!! Save us...please...save us....!!)

At that moment, Vladimir could feel something inside him. Feeling of hopelessness...helpless...and....

.... Resentment towards Alexander.

Vladimir: ....... (... I'm such a fool...why did I believe anyone would save us-The Orfeo Family...? Anyone would give us that eyes like he did...) *Grip his fists* (...I HATE YOU...I HATE YOU...I DESPISE YOU DRACULA...I HATE YOU ALEXANDER... YOU'RE JUST THE SAME AS THEM...I HATE YOU ALL...I HATE ALL OF YOU...!!!)

At long last, Vladimir finally snapped and unlocked his true powers. He proceeded to kill Dracula with his katana before starting to kill all of the servants in the mansion. Gilbert was the only survivor left beside Vladimir.

Gilbert: *Shaking in fear* ....Are we...finally free...from Dracula...?

Vladimir: ..... *Shake his head* ...We may be free...but we have to run away. We have to run as far as we can...we can't stay here... it's not safe... I don't know where...we won't be able to fight all of them...

Gilbert: Then...why don't we fake our death...and then run to the Human World...?

Vladimir: Human World...?

Gilbert: *Nod* I studied a bit about them...they hate Demons but... they're not strong and barely can use magic so I think we can defend ourselves at least...

Vladimir: *Slowly nod* ....Okay. Let's do it.

They quickly faked their deaths before fleeing to the Human World through a secret door that Gilbert made. They made a camp to eat and rest up.

Gilbert: *Fall alseep while reading a book* Zzz....

Vladimir: ....... (...Looks like I have to protect Gilbert myself....I can't let him die...I have to do this on my own....) *Hold a paper that contains informations about Alexander* (...A hero...my a**. He's just the same as everyone else...he only saw Dracula in me...I guess this is what Tails feared...I should've listen to him...) *Throw the paper in a fire with cold eyes* (...I was wrong for thinking that you'll save us...me...I swear...that I will find you someday, Alexander. I will not let you destroy any children's hope of saving like you did to me again...!!)

And so, Vladimir quietly went to sleep with a goal in his heart.

Alexander is belonged to DarkReidenMai

Angeldiary16