54

Mending Broken Ties

Ernst was at the forest, feeling really guilty for everything he had done. Sure, everyone forgives him since he got mind controlled by Scias. But...

Ernst: (...He may said he forgive me for everything...but...it will never change the fact I ignored him for years...heck, I even tried to kill him...)

Geis: *Walk towards him* ......

Ernst: *Didn't face him* ...Geis. What are you doing here?

Geis: ...... *Lean against the tree* ...What are you gonna do from now on?

Ernst: ....I don't know. Everyone may have forgiven me but... it doesn't change the fact that I'm the one who's responsible for all of this. I'll take responsibility for everything...and I'll admit my crimes to His Majesty. My hands are drenched in blood...and it will stay that way forever.

Geis: ........

Ernst: ...And...I owe you an apology too. *Turn around to look at him* ...Though I know an apology won't be enough to make up for my crimes. .... I'm sorry. For everything. From ignoring you to trying to kill you...

Geis: ......

Ernst: ... I'm not qualified to be called your brother anymore. You deserved so much more...you don't need a brother who's obsessed with power...

Geis: ....up...

Ernst: ....?

Geis: Shut up...! You...do you really think that I'll just say yes to that!? Like it or not... you're still my brother! A brother who is willing to go too far for me...! I...I know everything. You made a contract with a Demon to save my life...

Ernst: Wait...how did you know...?!

Geis: I... remembered how bloody you were back when we're in Romn. And then when I cleaned up your books...I saw that forbidden book. I read it...and I eventually connect the dots. You...why did you...

Ernst: I... don't want to lose you. You almost died because how sickly you were so I... made a contract with a Demon for power. I wished for power...but at a cost of forgetting why I wanted one in the first place. *Close his eyes* ....If anything, I was quite lucky to summon a nice one. Any Demons would take my own life immediately.

Geis; (He's right about that...it would've been his own life if he want to save me...)

Ernst: ...Geis. You may have said you'll forgive me...but I can't bring myself to even forgive myself. No matter what you say about me, everything that happened is my own doing. I know you don't trust me anymore...but I promise that I will try my best to change. I will work hard to be a better brother for you...

Geis: Aniki...

Ernst: You may be not proud to have me... *Walk towards him & pat his head* ... But I'm proud to have you as my brother. You've grown strong...my wonderful lil brother.

Geis: ..... *Look up* A...niki...

Ernst: *Smile*

Geis hesitated for a bit before awkwardly hugs him. Ernst was surprised that Geis was the one who initiated the gesture. He smiled anyway and hugged back.

Geis: Aniki...

Ernst: *Soft smile* I... I'm happy that you still consider me as your brother, even after what I've done.... *Tighten the hug* ...Thank you...

Geis: ...I... I'm still proud to have you as my brother...but... I can't...breath...

Ernst: *Immediately let go* O-oh sorry! I was too happy!

Both of them still hugged each other, not minding their surroundings. They're slowly repair their broken bonds...and quietly decided that they will protect each other from now on.