<001>

" We are going to land on the Seoul International Airport soon , flight attendants please prepare everyone . "
And the non-smoking signs started blinking .
" Everyone please tie up your seat belts "
One of the flight attendants spoke out .
I looked out of the window , it was night time . The Seoul's city light was glowing like little stars in the huge dark sky . It was a marvelous view .

" Madam please tie up your seat belt " one of the air hostess voiced out clearly irrigated with my lack of presence but still sounding sweet and polite . " Yes , I apologize " I replied back with a small embarrassed smile . She just smiled and walk away . Their job must suck I thought remembering about the little incident that happened in this long flight . A preteen boy pressed the help button shamelessly every five minutes . His mother just watched the scene unfolding in front of her eyes . At last the pilot got involved then only it did stop .

Waiting for the luggage to come bored me out of my mind . I didn't come from California with a lot just one backpack and a suitcase . A few documents and some piece of clothing material nothing more .
There it is ! A banana green bag in the ocean of blacks and blues .
I extended my hand to collect my green bean then suddenly someone crashed into me almost making me fall on my butt .
I looked up to find green eyes staring back at me apologetically . The stranger would
at least be 6'1 feet tall , considering that I have to look up at him being 5'8 feet tall myself . And he was certainly not a Korean .
" I'm really sorry I was in a rush -" ." Don't worry , it's okay " I responded back with a small smile and walked off to the parking lot .

And as promised my dear cousin Haul and his soulmate , well now his wife Jeena was waiting for me . Jeena noticed my presence first and rushed towards me the moment she saw me . Engulfing me in a big bear hug . Soon Haul joined us . Jeena to me is like an elder sister I never had . Being the only child was many a times quite lonely .
After Haul introduced us to his soulmate Jeena even my life changed a lot , in a good way . My parents had me in their late 40s .
Perks of it you get loads and loads of love and care . So many gifts on birthdays , all the things you want will be given to you . My late parents never once even scolded me . For them I was their whole galaxy .
But disadvantages , you don't get to spend a lot of time with them . They won't see you  getting married and have kids . Their dreams of playing with their grandchildren will remain a dream only . It was the case with me too . My father died 10 months ago and mother followed her soulmate soon after that . She wanted me to return back to Seoul , her homeland . Where she was raised , where she found her soulmate , where she got me . To her Seoul was like a paradise on earth . So I obliged and came here . Nonetheless most of my family members are here .

" You have gotten thin Ann " Haul spoke out breaking me from my chain of thoughts .
" The last few days were quite hectic and busy . Shifting is a bitch man " My usual habit of abusing non-living things . Both of them just laughed . " Don't worry we will feed her . Now let's go mom must be waiting for us " Jeena said checking her watch . I followed her and got into the backseat .

" So Cullen how life has been ? "
  Haul asked . " Nothing much actually "
" And what about the kids at university ? Weren't they sad that their favourite professor is leaving ? " He further enquired
" They will be fine Haul . They were a little sad about it " I still am a little unhappy about it . Myself being a student there and then teaching there , I have been at Stanford University for a long time . So it was quite hard leaving California for me .
" You know mom cooked a variety of dishes for you and is eagerly waiting for your arrival " Jeena said trying to brighten up my mood . I hummed along .

Resting my head along the window I watched the street lights pass by . It felt nostalgic . The last time I was here with my parents but they aren't here anymore . Sighing softly I closed my eyes instead of thinking about their absence I focused on the people seating in front of me . My dear family . People are bound to leave one day and dwelling upon their death won't get me anywhere and they won't be happy about it either .

" Hey Jeena wanna go shopping tomorrow?" I asked , she must have been shocked about my sudden change in mood but didn't question about it .
" Damn Yes! " She replied excited about our day ahead . " Aren't you coming Haul ? " She further asked her husband .
" Hell no , shopping with you guys is taking 50 rounds of the mall to find out that one perfect dress which you will criticize later on  and I don't want to have numb feet and ears after that " . Haul responded exaggerating . " Oh really ! Then I'm taking your card to buy that one perfect dress my darling " .
And they bickered on like some immature teen couples . Things haven't changed a bit . They are still the same Haul and Jeena I knew. I laughed recalling the sweet old memories . I finally felt happy and tranquil after a long time .

____________________________________

Stay happy and healthy  :-P