<024>

" You know I have always wondered why you almost every night end up with the stars ? "
His seriousness of the question made me laugh .
" Because I love them a lot " I answered .
" But why do you love them Cullen ? " Ayden enquired .
" Is there even a need for a valid reason ? "
I removed my eyes from the stars to the forest green eyes .
" We always have a valid reason to love someone or something " He looked sincere .

" Everyone was always satisfied with the answer that I love stars a lot " I said .
" Well I'm not everyone " He snickered .
" I pretty much anticipated that answer from you "
We laughed together .
" You are right there is a reason " I looked up at the twinkling dots .
" They are beautiful " He said .
" Exquisite , they are exquisite " I whispered .

" What did you think of me when we first met ? " I asked him .
" A confident , strong and gorgeous women" He smiled .
" But we see what you want us to see "
He took a step forward .
" So who are you ? " He asked .
" Andrea Cullen " I answered .
" Who is Andrea Cullen ? " His gaze never flickered .
" You don't want to know her " I answered .
" Believe me I do , I do want to know her . I want to know how the once little innocent girl became a bold and powerful women "
His eyes held so much reassurance .

" A queen is not born , she is made " he maintained a strong eye contact .
" I want to know how you became a queen"

He asked me a question no one did before .
He wanted to know a part of me no one knows . A part of me who is long forgotten , buried under the Andrea Cullen everyone knows . The part of me that is damaged yet the strongest .

"  The stars that I love so much , haven't occupied that space from the beginning .
There was a time when I loathed them a lot . I used to hate the stars , the universe a lot " I looked up at the pretty twinkling objects .
" It started when I went to the middle school . I was a frank and talkative girl back then , so the first day at school I tried to make conversations with many of my classmates . That night I thought they were uncomfortable and all that's why they didn't talk to me . I never knew that would turn out to be a permanent thing "

" It continued , I was practically ignored , like I was invisible . So with time I stopped trying too . At first I thought it was okay , that I was good on my own . But you know it's hard . It's really hard to sit in the lunch alone while all the others are talking and joking with each other , it's hard to keep your tears inside so your parents won't be worried " I took a breath .
" With time I thought it may be about the way I look , maybe I was too fat and all .
I became insecure about the way I looked .
Things worsened in high school . First it was just getting ignored but now comments were passed too . And every night I would end up in my balcony cursing the stars and the universe "
I chuckled .

"  I was one of the few students who haven't found out my Soulmates , so whispers were everywhere I went "
I looked at him.
" But with time you learn how to endure all this , with time you learn to ignore and move on . So I did "

" One day I was waiting for my school bus , when suddenly a girl came and sat down beside me . She gave me a genuine smile .
But I didn't return the gesture I just turned my head the other side and waited for my bus " I smiled while recalling her face .

" This continued for months , everyday she would come and sit down beside me , flash me a beautiful smile which I never returned and start drawing in her sketch book .
She loved drawing . Everyday she had something new to draw "
Ayden smiled at me .
" But you know Ayden I secretly fell in love with her smile , it was so lively , so beautiful . I would stare at her drawings , her fingers elegantly moving around the paper , her warm brown eyes which were so focused . Whenever she caught me staring at her she would laugh so cutely , and I would get embarrassed and didn't look her the rest of the time "
I smiled .

" Words weren't exchanged between us , and I never smiled back but still everyday she smiled at me " I took a deep breath .

" One day I finally gathered up the courage and decided that I would return her gesture . I waited for her at the bus stop with a tulip , as an apology .
She came late that day , and this time when she smiled at me I returned the gesture , I flashed her a smile and for a while she looked perplexed "
" I can understand why " Ayden chuckled .

" I gave her the tulip and apologized for my rude behaviour , which she accepted "
I paused a little .

" Then she said she also had something for me . And took out a painting and handed it over to me . The painting was of me sitting in the bus stop . The painting was so vivid .
It contained details of myself which I never noticed . That moment I felt loved and happiness . Words weren't enough to describe how happy I was . I remember thanking her over and over again till my bus arrived . I said her goodbye and hopped on the bus ever so happily . Then I remembered that I didn't asked her name "
I laughed at the memory .

" Opening my window I screamed
    What's your name ?   "

" She screamed back with the same beautiful smile ...
   Stella  " .

" You know what Stella means ? " I asked Ayden .
" Stars " He whispered back .
" Yes , it means stars in Latin " I focused back on the story .

" The next day I waited for her but she didn't arrive . The sun was bright that day , little white clouds were dancing in the blue sky , children were playing happily in the park , everything was pretty normal "

" Or it just seemed normal to me "

What do you think might have
happened ?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter 💙

Goodbye
Till I write next
•♣•