<039>

Hiding in the moonlight

Ayden Jones POV.

I knocked on Andrea's door three times , but received no response , thinking that she might be with her brother and Jeena , I went downstairs .

" Hey guys have you seen Ann ? " I asked the couple who were tangled with each other in the sofa watching the TV .

Haul looked at his wife first then turned towards me and pointed towards the big glass sliding door . And I went up there .

The vast and silent sea laid there , with soft waves hitting the shore. And standing there was Andrea Cullen staring at the gorgeous setting sun with her feet submerged in the water , wearing a pale blue dress with an open back exposing the phoenix tattoo, highlighting every intricate details my eyes failed to catch on before . The cool breeze was brushing away her tousled locks of hair . To me she looked like a goddess , so beautiful , so pure .

" It's February , the water must be freezing "
I voiced out once being broken out of the trance realising it's not a good time to be in the water .

" I know , but sometimes you are struggling so much mentally that the physical pain becomes too dull to feel , you become numb" Haul came and stood beside me .

" What do you mean by that ? " I asked .

" When we see a bold and strong headed person , we forget that they are human too .
That they have feelings too . That they suffer too . Humans are like glass , so fragile . Andrea is strong headed but that doesn't mean she's emotionless , that doesn't mean she's insensitive , that doesn't mean she isn't fragile . She's broken too Ayden maybe more than any of us combined . She suffers a lot , but we never get to know that . That hearty smile hides the loudest of cries " Jeena looked at me .

" But she seems to open up about her feelings to you Ayden . I'm happy to see that she's finally trusting someone enough"
Haul Patted my shoulders lightly , his gaze still fixed on Andrea .

" I think I trust you with my sister . Please take care of her " Haul smiled at me as his cold fingers squeezed my shoulder blades and joined Jeena to the sofa again .

The only thing revolving in my mind was Haul and Jeena's words and that Andrea told me this morning . Her words seemed like she yearning for freedom , the freedom she once had but later somehow she lost it, it was ripped away from her .
Is it because of the things happening ? Is it because of the soulmate thing that life threw at her , without her consent ? Is it because she's not ready for such a big thing ? I don't know . The only thing I know is that I want the life in her beautiful blue eyes back .

________________

With slow steps I walked towards her . She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't hear me calling her name . So I entangled our fingers together to get her attention .

" Hey beautiful " I smiled at her and bringing up our entangled hand I placed a soft kiss on her knuckle .

" Hey handsome " She smiled back , and it was genuine .

" You know I just read a joke and I wanted to tell you " I started to take her towards the beach house .
She hummed , letting me know that she wants to hear it .