<018>

Andrea Cullen POV .

" Like Einstein said Time and Space are the modes through which we think not the condition in which we live " I reasoned with the class .
" Okay ma'am but what exactly is time ? And does it even exist ? " Derek asked .
" Good question dear " I said to him and went to the blackboard and in big letters wrote the word Time .
" Time , the earliest time measurements were observations of cycles of the natural world , using patterns of changes from day to night and season to season to build calenders . More precise time - keeping like sundials and mechanical clocks eventually came along to put time in more convenient boxes . But what exactly is time ?
Is time something that physically exists , or is it just in our heads ?
At first the answer seems obvious - god damn of course time exists "
I made a funny serious face to which the whole class laughed .

" It constantly unfolds all around us and it's hard to imagine the universe without it "
I made an exaggerated expression .
" But our understanding of time started getting complicated thanks to this guy over there " I pointed out Albert Einstein's photo .
" His theory of relativity tells us that time passes for everyone but doesn't necessarily pass at the same rate for people in different situations " before I could complete my sentence the bell rang .

" I won't bore you guys any longer , we will continue from the next class " I announced .
" No professor , It's actually the first time I thought that physics is fun and interesting " Han smiled brightly .
" Thanks to you professor " he said .
" I'm glad you enjoyed " I laughed at him .
" Thank you Professor Cullen , the class was  amazing " One of the kids said .
" My pleasure dear " I smiled .
" Have a great day guys " I said and left the class .

This is the youngest class of the university , fresh out of high school . And this was my first class with them . I wasn't supposed to take the class but Mrs. Paek is on maternity leave .

" How was your class Miss Cullen ? " Mr. Kim asked .
" It went better than I expected . Have to say the kids are genius there " I said the truth .
" That's why I thought it would be the best if you take their classes . Genius teacher genius students " he smiled politely .
" You give more credit to me than I deserve Mr. Kim " .
"I am offended Miss Cullen . I was just stating the true facts " He made a hurtful expression .
I laughed at him .
" I have to go now . Have great day ahead " I smiled at him and left to the parking lot .

---

I drove to my favourite cafe to grab something to eat . I have skipped my breakfast today because I woke up late again .
As usual the café was tranquil . Only a girl was sitting there with a laptop and some books , definitely a student . I walked towards the counter and upon seeing me she grinned at me .
" Good afternoon Andrea " the humble lady greeted me .
" Afternoon Mrs. Ara " I smiled at her .
I'm now her frequent customer who's here almost everyday .
" Let me guess , you skipped breakfast ? "
She asked .
" You know me " I nodded .
" Let's have lunch together " She dragged me with her .
" You didn't have yours ? " I asked .
" You know I had a feeling that you may come this afternoon . So I was waiting for you " She winked at me .
" You are just like my mom " the words left my mouth without knowing .
" What did you say dear ? " She didn't hear me .
" Nothing , thanks a lot for everything " I kissed her cheeks .

" There's magic in your hands " I said .
" You always say the same thing " She laughed .
" Because it's the truth " I argued while exiting her café .
" Goodbye and take care " I said to her and left to my apartment .

---

Humming a song I entered the complex . The neighbors here are really sweet , they  were a little shy and uncomfortable with me first but things turned around soon .

While I was entering the elevator someone bumped into me . I looked back to find a pair of green eyes looking at me apologetically .
" Hey you look familiar " he had an Australian accent .
" Do you have a habit of bumping into me everytime we meet ? " I questioned .
" I'm sorry for this and the last time " .
" We didn't introduce each other the last time we met at the airport " He said and moved his hand forward .
" I'm Ayden Jones "
" Andrea Cullen " I held his hand firmly while he maintained a strong eye contact .
" From California ? " He questioned , mischief evident in his eyes .
" Are you a stalker ? " I asked in the same tone of mischief .
" Maybe I am " He stared down at me .

" I'm sorry Andrea , actually I came here to meet my mother , you may know her ,
she lives in the floor above yours " he said while showing his pearl white teeths .
" Mrs. Jung ? " It came out as a statement rather than question .
" She told me a girl from California shifted here " He mimicked Mrs. Jung .
I laughed with him .
" By the way I am from Sydney but currently I'm residing in Italy " He said .
With that our talk continued on .

---

Later that night I was sitting on my balcony watching the stars with my diary opened in front of me . Taking a sip of red wine I started writing .

Dear Stella ,
...There was a time when I looked up at the sky to curse the universe . It makes me laugh now . If one thing I could say to my teenage self , one advice , it would definitely be
' It's okay ' . Simple as that .

They wanted to take things slow and I respect their decision very much . I know it's hard for them to accept me .
It's difficult for me also .
Soulmate has always been a tough and closed up topic for me . Growing up watching all my friends find their soulmates and their happily ever after , it's not that easy .

Feeling unworthy of love , being despondent and depressed and still smiling brightly for the sake of others is not that easy .

It's ironic to say that most people just believe what they see . The people who you called family believed you when you said
' I'm okay ' .
The people who you believed to be your friends left you when you needed them the most .
It's ironic ....
To see them crawl back to you when you gain the strength , the power , the money .
They think I was born like this , they never saw the storms I walked through to become who I am today .

My nineteen year old self was venerable .
But the twenty seven year old Andrea Cullen is not . She's strong , she's bold , she's smart , she has the courage to speak up for herself and others , she's beautiful , she's everything she needs herself to be .
The once broke little girl learnt how to get back up and not depend on anyone .
She needed a hero , an inspiration , so she became it . She became everything that was meant to destroy her .

I looked at the full moon , a genuine smile displayed on my face .
" I guess you named me right mom and dad , Andrea , Strong and brave " I whispered to no one .
" Thank you mom , thank you dad "
My smile was vibrant .
I placed my hands over my heart
" Thank you Stella "

I closed my eyes and recalled mom's words.

Some people fear the fire ,  Some simply become it .

Ta da , here comes the hot guy who has  green eyes that looks like a forest full of fireflies .
🌿

But who's Stella ?
Actually I got that Idea while writing this chapter , and I think it will be a good one .
Now that we have got to know about the situation and all , we can dive into Andrea's past .
Are you excited ?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter
(^^)

Goodbye
Till I write next
• ♠ •