<023>

Andrea Cullen POV .

" Hana it may seem a little straightforward but I don't want to live in the shadow anymore "
I looked into her eyes .
" Hana do I make you uncomfortable ? " I asked her .
" What ? No " she said .
" Then why do you always back away when I touch you ? "

" I-I " she stammered .
" You can share it with me , I'm not gonna judge or be angry at you . I just want to know the truth "
She took a deep breath .
" Andrea I have never been with a woman before . It makes me nervous " she let it out in one go .
" So that's the problem " I chuckled at her cute reaction .
" What do you mean by that ? What did you think ? " She asked .
" Hana you could have told me about this way ago . And there's no shame in that "
I held her cheeks .

" I like this shade of red on you " My gaze fell upon her plump lips .
" Can I kiss you ? " I asked as softly as possible .
She seemed hesitant for a moment then ever so slowly she nodded her head .
I tenderly brushed my thumb over her lips .
And tentatively leaned towards her .
I softly connected our lips . After a few moments I felt her responding back . She wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed me back .

Out of breath I slowly rested our foreheads together . She still had her eyes closed taking deep breaths .
" So how was the kiss Kwon Hana ? " I asked .
" Amazing " She whispered back .
" You are a good kisser " she smiled .
" There's a lot of things I am good at Hana "
I winked at her .
" Now c'mon , we don't want to make them wait anymore do we ? " I smirked at her flustered reactions .

___

" Finally you are back , we can order now "
Jeena said and called for a waiter .
Taehyung was eyeing the flustered Hana then he looked at me , I just winked at him .
To my surprise he didn't look annoyed he just smiled at me and wrapped his hands around Hana .

The lunch went quite well and normal .
Casual talks , jokes and laughs .
" Goodbye guys message me once you reach home " I bid them goodbye .

" Things are going better now ? " Jeena asked me while adjusting her seatbelt .
" Yup " I answered .
" So did you talk about the thing with Hana ? " Jeena is kinda the only one who I share my personal life problems with .
" Yeah , she was just uncomfortable because of never been touched by a female before " I said .
" Damn , she doesn't have to worry about that , her soulmate is quite a player " She chuckled .
" I don't know how those things relate , but I ain't a player " My eyes were focused on the road but still from my peripheral vision I could see her smirk .
" Say that to yourself girl " she snickered .

___

" Last time I heard smoking is injurious to health " a voice said from behind me .
I was leaning on the railing of roof's edge of my apartment building smoking a cigar , gazing at the marvelous night sky filled with millions of twinkling stars .
" It's a bad habit " Ayden stood beside me .
" How can a habit be justified as bad or good ? Habits are performed unconsciously . So how can something which we don't do consciously be termed as bad or good ? " I faced him .
" What is actually bad , is Obsession . And neither I'm obsessed nor addicted to this "
I referred the cigarette between my lips .

He looked into my eyes and chuckled .
" Do you have a lighter ? " He asked .
" If I didn't then why is it burning Jones "
I pulled out my black lighter .
" But you don't look like you smoke " I said .
" I don't , perhaps you can teach me how to"  He winked .
" You know they say , every smoker has a tale to recite , do you have one Mr. Ayden Jones ? " My eyes were focused on him .
" I do " And he began .

" I was thirteen that time , a normal and naive teenage boy . Who didn't care about the world . I was pretty easy going and fun loving person " he looked at the sky .
" You still are " I said to him , he smiled in response .
" I still remember that day very well Andrea , the day when I met my soulmate for the first time "
This is the first time I heard the word Soulmate from his mouth .
" She was so beautiful , a breath of fresh air" he paused .
" It was a pretty normal day at school , well I thought so . I didn't know why I woke up so early that day , wore my favourite outfit "
He chuckled softly .
" She wore a beautiful baby blue skirt and a white top . Hair done in a high ponytail .
She was looking so pretty "
he seemed lost in his thoughts .
" When she entered the classroom and introduced herself I couldn't move my eyes from her . When our eyes locked I felt a feeling which can't be described in words Andrea " he looked at me .

" It took us a few months to understand this . We were both so young and naive to grasp the feeling " he laughed at the fond memory .
" Eventually we became friends , then friendship turned into something deep .
And one morning I woke up to realise that I have been in love with her all along . I confessed her , I still very vividly remember her cute face saying I love you too "
He looked at me .
" I always heard that in every story there's some tragic . I didn't believe in those fucking things back then . But I guess I should have " His eyes held so much pain .

" Two years passed in a blink of an eye . We where so happy with each other . I was failing for her more every passing day . Everything was going perfect , until "
A tear slipped from his eyes .
" Until one day she came to my house to reveal a news . Her teary eyes and sobs broke my heart . I asked her many a times what happened but she didn't answer . She just hugged me tighter until she gathered up the courage to speak "
He looked directly into my eyes .

" She said that she is diagnosed with cancer , Stage three " more tears fell from his eyes .
" She said that she didn't have much time left . She said that she's dying "
He was crying now .
" And soon she left me " his words were barely above a whisper .

" It's okay " I engulfed him in my arms .
Trying to soothe him with soft words which I knew can never lessen the pain of losing someone .
" Let it out " I slowly brushed his blonde locks .
After a while he gained his composure and lifted his head from my shoulder .
" Thanks a lot for listening to me " he whispered .
I just smiled at him .
" You are so strong Ayden " I held his hands .
" Smiling despite the pain " I whispered .

" I'm not strong , I'm vulnerable Andrea . So miserable because I never moved on from her . I'm weak because I laugh loudly to hide my tears " he said .
" I cried right now " he whispered .
" A strong person isn't the one who doesn't cry Ayden . A strong person is the one who cries and shed tears for a moment , then gets up to fights again "
I took a step forward.
" And you are a strong man Ayden " I looked directly into his eyes .
" You are strong because you are not afraid to reveal your vulnerable side . You are strong because you are not embarrassed to let out your emotions . You are strong because no matter how dreadful the night went you still wake up the next morning with a welcoming smile " I smiled at him .

Hey guys how are you liking the book so far ?
It's time for Andrea's past now .

I have written a first few chapters of my next book .

I'll release the Synopsis and the characters once Just A Soulmate hits 1k reads .
I'm so so excited for it .

Goodbye
Till I write next
• ♣ •