Ache

" Silas, he was the joy at night of sleeping under the stars. He was the stars that scattered across the night sky just like his love for people but also his hatred.

Silas was a chest of empty promises each one unfilled leaving a chain wrapped around his body being stored away in his heart.

He was like summer nights on the beach bonfires, stupid jokes, and swimming in the ocean. Feeling the cold water on his skin and the water rushing over his head and the sound of the waves flooding his ears just like how he let his emotions overtake him. 

Silas was sticking your head out a window to scream a song lyric, the smell of the ocean breeze and lemongrass. One to take adventure anywhere it led him. Kicking a rock down a road if you will only leaving it behind the moment he couldn't kick it anymore.

But he was also messy hair and room the loss of energy. The noise of the liquid inside a monster can, the tab of the monster and the can itself.

He was the smell of fresh brewed coffee and honey that left a sweet taste on your tongue.

He was nights as he was to mornings. Kind, energetic, loud,

Calm on rare occasions, tiredness, overworking

Sunflower fields and the cold of the night on your skin. But he was also the warmth on your skin when he hugged you. The smell of fresh berries and rain.

He was the clouds that came and left from your sight but he was also the sky.

And I was the sun that belonged to his sky"

Theseus could hear it. The sobs from Silas's father no matter how hard he tried to keep it in. To show he was strong. At least she knew where Silas got it from now.

Theseus stepped down from the podium and sat back down in her chair. Her mom sat beside her. Theseus felt her chest tighten the moment she heard the defeated cry from Valerie. Maybe she didn't look it or she did but she was not one to cry in public or private.

The urge to cry was ticking her off like a homemade bottle rocket gone wrong. The weight on her chest suffocated her making her want to claw her lungs out from her chest.

It was always the sun and the moon

And now it was just the sun