Leave

"Can you call Lucas in here?" Theseus asked Elizabeth who was dusting the books on the bookshelf, Elizabeth looked at her.

There was a letter clutched tightly in her hands to the point the paper slightly wrinkled in her grip, she had a slight wince on her usual stoic face. "Yes, you're majesty."

She walked quickly out of the office and continued down the hall. Theseus's office was originally a bedroom, it had belonged to her older brother before she tore everything minus the bookshelves, and one couch out, and made it into office.

She walked down the familiar hallway, feeling as though she could make her way through the place blind and deaf. Paintings, statues, paintings, statues, and the occasional random piece of armor adorned the walls. All in that order. Some paintings captured her admiration more than others, like those of the past ruler or the portraits of Theseus and Ivene.

The painting of a younger Theseus, her brother, and father caught her eye with its gold frame. The frame was perfectly polished, and the gems embedded inside it shone brightly. No matter how many times she saw it, she couldn't help but stare. There was something eerie about it. Henry had both of his hands on his children's shoulders, Theseus to his right, her brother on his left. Elizabeth hadn't seen the gown she wore since the painting was done. They had won a war with Mora and were flaunting their victory in red and gold.

Judging by how her brother looked, she was thirteen when they posed for it, and her brother fifteen. There was no smile on her face, nor on anyone in the photo. It was obvious it was forced, given the tight look on her brother's face, who was more likely, at the time to act out than Theseus. Shaking her head, she left the painting, Lucas's room coming into view.

Lucas's room was somewhat odd. She wouldn't question the different door, or the wall bare of paintings; she was scared of the answers, knowing his history. On the other side of the door, light chatter and laughter filled the air. Elizabeth knocked twice before entering.

"Lucas," she said softly, interrupting his conversation with William. The two of them sat on the sofa in Lucas's room, a blanket wrapped around them, a book in Lucas's hand. "Can you come here for a second?"

Lucas looked at her, his eyes narrowing before he did a small smile. "Yes," he turned around to whisper something to William before kissing him on the forehead. Elizabeth walked out of the room, giving the two privacy. Her foot tapped nervously on the stone floor. What could Theseus want? Why was she holding the letter so tightly?

"Yes?" Lucas said, closing the door behind him, and she could still hear William mumbling something inside the room.

Elizabeth breathed in before wincing. "Your Majesty, wants to see you," she said, and he nodded before she continued, "But whatever it is, it's not good."

It was Lucas's turn to flinch. "What? Did she say what's going on?" He asked, his teeth worrying at his lip, something he must have picked up from William. She knew Theseus wouldn't like that.

Elizabeth shook her head. "She didn't say, but I feel like whatever it is, it's going to give me more grey hairs than I already have." She laughed lightly, and Lucas chuckled in response.

"make that two of us" He sighed, he dipped back inside of his room and said goodbye to William. "Let's hope it doesn't take that long"

"I hope not as well, shall we?" Elizabeth urged him to walk, he nodded and they walked down the hall. It was quiet mostly, minus awkward small talk, maybe it was the nerves but Elizabeth could tell something was wrong. Then again anything to do with Theseus was a little worrying.

They arrived at her office soon enough, Elizabeth was starting to hate that oak door. "Good luck" Elizabeth whispered before opening the door, they both stepped in quietly with a slight bow.