One click away

Silas leaned side to side in his seat looking out to the empty gas station with no grey car in sight. He looked up and down from his phone waiting for Theseus to finish typing her message. The three dots stopped, and her message was sent. 

'im here'                                                  'look up' 

Silas looked up immediately straining the bones in his neck. Theseus his wonderful Theseus stood in front of him the lights above her head highlighted every feature of her face, her hair glowed under the yellow light. She smiled waving with her right hand and slipping her phone into her pocket with her left hand. 

Silas quickly slammed his thumb down on his seatbelt button till his seatbelt was released from the buckle. He pulled the door handle open and closed the door careful not to slam the door he didn't need his dad yelling at him for a slammed door. 

He went running for her she bent her knees slightly and spread her arms stabilizing herself for the catch she was about to make. He jumped on his last step as he got closer to her, she slightly tumbled backwards before pushing herself upright. Her arms wrapped around him once his chest hit hers. 

They rocked back and forth in a comforting manner. Silas took one deep breath letting the smell of coconuts and sweet perfume wash over him. It was a comforting scent despite the fact he hated anything remotely sweet. He pulled back and looked at her face. 

"You're actually leaving me after all those jokes," Silas said tears welling in his eyes the creases turning red and a teardrop in the corner of his eye ready to fall down his cheek any minute. Theseus looked at him her eyes running up and down his face before she nodded. 

"Yeah sadly" she said before her sentence trailed off. 

"What?" Silas said concern overlapping the deep sorrow hidden underneath layers of his voice.

"Your gonna take good care of Spencer, right?" She spoke a tiny half smile pulling at the corner of her mouth.  

"I can't believe all your worried about is that bear right now, but yes I will" Silas huffed she nodded he was pulled into another bone-crushing hug. 

"I love you" She whispered Silas struggled to take in another breath he thought he was supposed to have the better arm strength. 

"I love you too I'm mad at you for leaving me, but I love you too" He sighed a tear slipping down his face Theseus made a noise of shock before laughing and pulling their foreheads together and bonking them. 

"I've gotta go now" Theseus tried to pull her hand back before Silas took it again. 

"Do you really have to?" He whined his mind screamed to let go but he wouldn't not yet. 

"Yeah, my plane leaves in three hours and it's a two-hour drive there" Theseus sighed grimacing at the word plane. 

"Alright then go" Silas huffed there was a grip on his wrist and he looked back to her face. It was like she was hoping he would understand everything she wanted to say from a simple touch. He did, mostly

"I'll miss you too bye Silas" It was a dry chuckle one that wasn't real but also wasn't fake. It was the middle ground that Theseus constantly found herself in.

Theseus stepped into the car being handed a green slushie by her grandma. Silas climbed back into his dad's car and watched from the front window as Theseus talked with her grandma before the car was turning out of the gas station.

Theseus stuck her hand out the window and waved bye shaking her hand excitedly even though it wasn't.
He sighed before waving back the tears he fought so hard to keep back we're slipped down his cheeks in globs.