fate

Why did I have to know her fate? Why did I have to be death?

Why was I the one chosen to walk her to the end of her time leading to her a place she would be happier at?

That's why she wanted to leave this cruel world anyways. Maybe she couldn't take it anymore and was at her last breaking point.

The moment she hugged me I died inside a little (ironic isn't it?). Her mood never dropped as quickly as this she was high on the adrenaline of being free soon.

Her heart beat fast, faster than I had ever heard. Her laugh had a pitch at the end of it one that if you hadn't known her long enough you would never catch it.

But I caught it. The laugh, the heartbeat, the long sleeves, the more energetic and reckless personality.

I wish I wasn't so smart when it came to people and how they felt. I bit my lip as I looked at her collarbone. I cursed to every god once I saw those stupid numbers.

Once a mortal chooses a path of life or death I could not change that. It's hard to convince a soul that they are needed here. Especially if there as determined as her.

So here I sat invisible leaning on the rail of her bed. Waiting as she put the pen down from her letters I knew one was addressed to me.

I could see it laying in the pile of neatly stacked letters with fine writing. Her room was freshly cleaned, a freshly bloodied knife lay on her desk.

The blood trickled down her arms to stain her jeans. She stood up and studied her room walking around me to fix things into certain places.

The moonlight flooded through the window she closed letting it seep through the curtains.

I gripped my scythe.
Why'd this happen now?
Is this selfish of me?

She sat in front of her bed leaning against it. She had grabbed the knife holding it with her left hand.

I had grown tired of waiting for the outcome. I teleported over to Silas's house watching as he cleaned the dishes.

I tapped at the table with my hands
I could stop the outcome God knows how many times I did it for Silas.

But what if I'm being selfish by keeping her here so her friends could be happy?

I teleported back to her room after making the floor borders creek and something slammed in the hallway and kitchen of Silas's house.

Her soul sat curled up into a ball. Sobs escaped her mouth like a waterfall I was worried she would choke if she wasn't already dead.

I gripped the hood of my cloak so desperate to pull it off. I couldn't she couldn't know who I was. I pulled my hand down and reached for hers.

"Are you ready?" I asked

She snapped her head up to look at me her eyes were puffy "did I make the right choice?" She asked

I froze I didnt know myself. Did she make the right choice? What if it wasn't? "That's up to you to decide" I pulled her up off the floor.

I grabbed the scythe and raised it she flinched back and I cut down. Her friends on the other side welcomed her.

It was quiet she looked at me and I nodded she hesitated before walking through. "They will miss you," I said knowing the ruckus that will follow the news.

She looked back and smiled as the hole closed up. I sighed collapsing onto the forest floor

"Things sure have changed haven't they Rosemary?"