diary

Please Theseus just open your arms to me and let me help you. The screams of help hidden behind venom-threaded words as people get too close to the walls surrounding your heart. Why do you burn yourself for the sake of others and cover it up with a plastic smile and kind words? What does that bring the oh mighty Theseus?

It brings your downfall and your despair but yet you never learn. You never learn that one burn is enough never learn the fact that one plea of help from you is all you need for me to be there. I don't think you could ever let yourself be that vulnerable, immediately cowering back and biting your tongue at those words.

What keeps you from calling out for help? What keeps you from uttering those words for any kind of reason? Are you ashamed the oh mighty Theseus queen of the seven kingdoms needs help or is there more behind this?

You were a mystery you always have been even after being with you for months I could never quite pinpoint your next move or your next action. Your thought process was beyond me and your moods unpredictable and ever-changing.

You were a locked box in a glass room. Even as see-through as the glass was even as transparent as you thought you were there will always be that locked box. One with rusty chains and a long-lost key.

Who has that key Theseus? From letting your walls down and your heart to burrow seems like something you would never want to do. You were always pushing people out no matter how close they were.

But yet again you were burning. The scars that lather your arms and legs and your easily bruised skin. Once porcelain pale were now red and scarred why do you let yourself burn as if that's the only thing you know how to do?

You were never as selfish as you said yourself to be. In fact, at some points, you were quite the opposite one of kind smiles and sunshine. At some point I wish you were selfish at some point I wish you would have chosen your happiness over mine at some point I wish you would have been more selfish for your own sake.

So even as you sit in that office one that you are bound to just know one word and I am there. Here for your damaged heart even though I know you can never fully be healed I wish to take some of that burden as you have done for so many others.

                                  William

                               September 24th

Theseus quietly closed William's diary throwing it into the pits of the fire watching it catch flame and burn on her office grounds. One word my ass you betrayed me long ago