Even though we're strangers

Even though we're strangers now I still only eat half of my food and leave the rest for you.

Even though we're strangers now I almost always buy blue things I think you would like.

Even though we're strangers now I still unintentionally pick the strawberries off my food for you.

Even though we're strangers now I still buy the green, and purple grapes except now I eat the green ones too.

Even though we're strangers now I still feel bad for putting you through hell so that I was happy.

I still think about your dad and his back wondering if you've got the same problems he does now. I still think about your siblings and wonder what grade there in since I could never remember.

I still wish you weren't as reckless with your life, and accepted the fact that people do love you for you. Maybe you do think before you move, or do you still act before you think about the outcome? I wouldn't know.

I hope there's someone who appreciates you the same way you appreciated me. I hope when they take you to events they keep you in arms reach. I hope they learn the names of all your blankets, and remember the two extra shots of espresso in your Starbucks order. 

And if I ever hear you're back in California I'll save you half of my food, buy Cheerios, and save you the blue jolly ranchers.

Just in case