Vol 2 Chapter 30: Desperation

Cat girls anyone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Azazel: "Next gate is up ahead"

Vali: "More of the flying ones are coming"

Y/n: "I got an idea"

I pull out Mjoulnir from my gate, having it stored in Babylon after battling Loki.

Y/n: "Bring the light.."

The clouds began to darken as I pulled out my Caster form's gauntlet to hold the hammer.

Y/n: "DOWN!!!"

I swing it down as a massive surge of lightning bolts struck each enemy that was in our path. Given that I used my own mana to super charge it, the giant gate I had over Kuoh shrank a little more.

Azazel: "Conserve your power-"

Y/n: "I'll be fine. Vali, same trick again"

Vali: "I'll leave it to you"

He dashed upwards and at insane speeds and chucked me to the sky while he glided down to slay whatever monsters flew towards us.

I throw Mjoulnir back into Babylon while reaching for Ea.

Y/n: "Round two girl. Time for-"

??: "Are you the one who called for me?"

Y/n: "Huh?!"

In front of me, was an odd looking girl with different eye pupils than anybody who I had meet. She was floating in the sky and had a strange aura to her.

??: "Careful. You'll die if you fall"

She grabbed onto my waist and held me from falling towards the hell portal beneath me.

Astarte: "I'm Astarte. Are you the one that called me, High Priest?"

Y/n: "P-Pries-?"

Vali: "Y/N!!! ARE YOU GOING TO FALL?!"

I'm reminded of my mission and try to push myself away until I think clearly of what she called herself.

Y/n: "Did you say Astarte?!"

Astarte: "Yes, that's me"

I quickly pull out Ea and point it at her head.

Y/n: "Are you here to destroy Earth just like Kama?!"

She seemed calm despite having a powerful Noble Phantasm pointed at her head.

Astarte: "No. I'm here because you called me. Did you not, High Priest?"

Y/n: "Why do you continue to call me High Priest?!"

Astarte: "That is what you are. I am the Goddess and you are my High Priest"

She brings me in for an unexpected hug as I could hear the voices of my friends fighting for their lives.

Astarte: "As your Goddess, I'll care for you when you need me. All you have to do is continue worshipping me and I'll shower you with love"