Vol 3 Chapter 17: Warrior's Pride

Ayo!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of swords clashing at incredible speeds are heard from the middle of the field. At the moment, the King of Kuoh was facing of with one of the Minamoto's finest warriors.

"My heart. It's beating so fast"

I manage to evade a swing to my head from Ushiwakamaru.

"Is this fear? Is this from adrenaline? Whatever it is, it's the first time since the battle with Kama that I've felt like this. And it's.."

I block another attack and counter, but she evades that.

"Like ecstasy"

For the first time..

Y/n: "This, is this.. I'm having fun!!"

Our blades clash once more as I could sense myself giving in to the adrenaline rush coursing through my veins. The grin on my face was almost hurting from how hard I was smiling. My teeth felt like they were about to shatter from the force of the joy I was going through. However, it seemed I wasn't the only one feeling excited.

 However, it seemed I wasn't the only one feeling excited

Ushi: "So am I~!!"

I swing upwards as Ushiwakamaru dodges quickly and goes for a killing blow. She realizes the move was a risky one and instantly jumps back.

Y/n: "You hesitated. Why?"

I sheathed the katana back into its scabbard as I turn to Ushiwakamaru with an unsatisfied look.

Ushi: "Your other swords. I could of been struck down before I land the finishing blow-"

*smack*

Ushiwakamaru was caught of guard as I had slapped her across the face.

Y/n: "Don't ever disrespect me like that again mongrel"

She held onto her cheek, completely shocked as I look down to her.

Y/n: "I am a king who uses everything at my disposal. However, I am also one to respect my opposition in the battlefield when it comes to an honorary battle. I found you worthy of giving you attention Yoshitsune"

I bring my hand to the handle of my sword before stepping back a few steps.

Y/n: "I WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING SO LOW WHEN I'M HAVING THIS MUCH FUN!!"

She snapped out of her trance and inhaled. She bowed as low as she could.

Ushi: "I APOLOGIZE FOR MY RUDENESS LORD Y/N!! I WILL GIVE THIS BATTLE MY ALL ONCE AGAIN WITHOUT AN OUNCE OF HESITANTION!!!"

I smile as I see her getting up and readying herself.

Y/n: "There we go. Now, draw your sword again Yoshitsune"

Ushi: "Absolutely"

We sprint forward with our blades draw, feeling the previous thrill of being at the edge of life and death.