Chapter 42: Rain Before The Storm

Gilgamesh: "What do we have at our disposal?"

Amagi: "Fighters? Akagi, Kaga, Commander, You, and Mordred. Iri thinks it's best we save X for later while Akeno and Ahri are still working on the teleportation spell. Issei.. he could be of use-"

Gilgamesh: "But?"

Amagi: "We don't have much to keep us protected. Issei could unleash his Diabolos form if you'd like but after that, he's out of the battle entirely"

Y/n: "We won't really need him once we go to the underworld. On my mark, call Ophis and tell her to get ready. Issei will unleash it for those 5 minutes"

Amagi: "What about you?"

Y/n: "I'll see if I can close Tiamat's seals again"

Amagi: "Alone?"

Y/n: "Gilgamesh is going to need help with taking on Kama. I'll distract Tiamat and figure out a way to bring her out while they deal with Kama"

Amagi: "Won't she just wipe the floor with them?"

Gilgamesh: "As proud as I am, I can admit, it'll be a long shot for us to survive for just 5 minutes with that beast"

Y/n: "I know it's a lot to ask.. but I can't leave her like that"

I turn over to see Tiamat knock Kama to the ground as she recklessly fires a beam from her mouth at her.

Y/n: "She's my mother"

Gilgamesh: ".. *sighs* Fine. You got a minute though"

Y/n: "That's all I need"

Gilgamesh: "When we go over to battle with Kama, I'll need everyone to listen to me. I'll be taking command"

Y/n: "They're all yours"

Gilgamesh: "How long until that damn spell is ready?"

Amagi: "Another 7 minutes"

Y/n: "Gilgamesh"

Gilgamesh: "Hm?"

Y/n: "We just need to hold strong for another 7 minutes. Think you could do that?"

Gilgamesh: "Is that a challenge? Such a stupid question would of resulted in death if it wasn't you. I'll hold her off in my end. You focus on bringing your mother back"

Y/n: "Thanks.. we take off in 2. Get everyone ready"

Amagi: "Yes!!"

She takes off as Gilgamesh and I head out of the little camp Amagi had set up.

Gilgamesh: "Think you can handle a beast on your own?"

Y/n: "Yep"

Gilgamesh: "What if you can't? What will you do?"

He says in a serious tone. I stay quiet for a bit before looking up to the sky.

Y/n: "I will"

He looks at me, unsatisfied with my answer.

Y/n: "I'll do everything to pull her back"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mordred was sitting on a log as she stretches a bit. She slaps herself a few times in the face as she takes a deep breath.

Mordred: "Follow the king's command to the very end"

X: "Mordred"

Mordred: "Father?!"

She jumps up as X arrives.

X: "I'm not your father. I'm just some alternate version of her. I'm here to talk to you"