Vol 2 Chapter 36: The Missing Piece

I love Texas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later

..

...

....

The Kingdom of Kuoh had gone through a terrifying experience about a week and a half ago. The people were attacked by supernatural beings from the darkest of places. Demons that broke through the walls that surrounded them and destroyed homes. Yet, they walked around freely, almost as if nothing happened.

A group of children kicked around a ball in the park without a care in the world as some construction workers overlooked a blueprint regarding a massive crater a few yards away from them.

Man: "We can fill it in later after we finish up connecting all the pipelines that were destroyed"

Across from them, a man offered all of the citizens half off on any dishes they ordered. He wasn't the only one though, as the rest of the restaurants did the same. This was all a plan formulated by the heads of the Gilgamesh L/n cabinet, Amagi and Siduri. They offered to pay half of everything that the customers would order so that they would keep themselves occupied while Kuoh rebuilt.

Schools were given the day off so that children could spend the day with their friends and family. Workers were also given the day off, should they wish to, or work and get paid triple the amount for the day. Of course, the King would pay the other 2/3rds himself.

Man: "*sighs* Finally, a day off. Maybe I can finally order from that sushi place the boss always recommended?"

The city saw a growth in financial movement and rise in happiness from within the walls. Life seemed like it didn't miss a beat..

..

...

....

Yes. It "seemed" like it didn't miss a beat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kuoh Academy student council room

A girl in glasses looked exhausted while filing through paper work and notes. She had large stacks of papers all over her desk along with constant notifications on her computer, phone and laptop. Behind her, a bulletin board with more notes and strings that connected with one another had a picture of an individual.

The door to the room opened as two familiar individuals walk in.

Saji: "Sona?"

He looked over to the couch and saw the queen to the Sitri peerage asleep with bags under her eyes.

Sona: "She fell unconscious after finishing her work.. let her rest. You got something besides more paper work?"

Saji: "We've scoured all around the outside of Kuoh... We couldn't find him"

Momo: "Rias sent a message to us saying the investigation in the Underworld hasn't produced anything either. On top of that, she hasn't been able to communicate with the rest of the L/n peerage besides Amagi and Siduri"

Sona frustratingly shoved the paper to the ground as she dug her fingers through her hair.

Saji: "I'll help picking them up. Sona, take a break. I know you're frustrated but losing it won't help"

Sona: "I know.. He's important to all of us and hearing that we can't even find a trace of Y/n in a week is just... *sighs* Let Rias know that I'll be heading off to their home to check on them. In my stead, Tsubaki and Momo will be in charge of the paperwork"

Momo: "Yes ma'am. Firstly, you should get some rest before you do anything"

Sona: "You have a point. Sorry for having you guys clean up my mess"