O N E

Another day, another life at school. I studied the article as I listened to my teacher.

"Ok, class. Before you go off into your month of spring break, I want to give you a project," my teacher clapped her hands happily and the class groans. "I want you all to do a project based in Colombia. It can be anything. From wars, legends, myths, politics, and culture."

"Anything?" I said with a suspicion in my voice.

"Anything, Y/n," she giggled. Knowing I'm her star pupil. The bell rings and everyone packs up and rushes out besides me and my partner in most of my mischief, Finn.

"Y/n... what are you reading about?" My teacher walked up to me.

"Lucky that we're doing a project on Colombia. Because... I have been trying to solve the mystery of the disappearance of The Madrigal's. And recently, just about a week or so, a researcher was out in the mountains, doing researcher stuff and found a yellow poncho in a unknown land, yet to be discovered. More hypothetical, a ruana. Many are speculating it belongs to the second generation of Madrigal's, Camilo Madrigal," I say as open the page on my phone. "See? Yellow. The symbol of the chameleon. The symbol for shape-shifting."

"How do you it's him?" My best friend, Finn.

"I have the family photo," I say with a smirk and I find the photo in my gallery.

   "And now for the photo," I smiled

   "See? The one with the curls with a poncho with a white shirt? Thats Camilo Madrigal, but when he was young

"See? The one with the curls with a poncho with a white shirt? Thats Camilo Madrigal, but when he was young." I swipe left to the family photo again. "His sister is Dolores. She has super hearing. The one with a big bow on her head. The one with a Jaguar is Antonio. His little brother. His mother is the one with a rainbow over head. (Pretend there is one.) His father is the one next to her on her left. His cousins is the buff one named, Luisa. She has super strength. Isabella who has splashes on her dress and has elegant hair. She has Chronokinesis, the ability to summon plants and control them. The short curly hair with alot of butterflies is his exact same age cousin, Mirabel. Her powers is a mystery. Legend says she never got a gift. While other says she had the power of flight. His aunt is the one with a plate of food in her hands named, Julieta. Which is the mother of Isabella, Luisa, and Mirabel. The tall guy is the father and husband of Julieta and her children. The old lady is the founder of the magic. Everyone called her Alma Madrigal. But when her children gave birth to a new generation of Madrigals, she became a Abuela Madrigal. She deceased in 1961, one year before the disappearance. Lastly, the one with shy awkward smile is Bruno. The one who see's the future. There's no evidence if he has children or grandchildren, it's unknown," I explained to my teacher and my best friend.

"Wow... you're well informed about them," my teacher smiled proudly.

"I'm dedicated to solve this. I'm basically a Madrigal geek," I smiled sheepishly as I rub my neck. "But there was a rumor about the Madrigal's went into hiding or someone is holding them hostage or even frozen. But those are rumors or myths," I start to pack my things.

"Well... Good luck on that project, Y/n. I can't wait to read it," my teacher walked away and grabbed her stuff to leave. "Make sure to lock the door."

I nod.

"So... how are you going to solve this case?" Finn crosses his arms as he sits in the seat in front of me.

"Have you forgotten that me and my family work for Spy Agency?" I grinned mischievously. "Time traveling my little friend."

"You and I know that shit don't exist!" Finn frowned. "That stuff exist only exist in the movies." I smiled innocently.

   "It exist for my older brother," you tapped his nose.

   "Of course... you go to your genius brother for his crazy machines inventions," he rolls his eyes. "Lemme guess, you gonna jump into time to find the Madrigal's?"

   I smirked. "Bingo." I get a phone call. I smiled and answered. "Hey bro! Is it ready?"

   "You had this planned already!?!" Finn exclaimed.

   "Of course, pendejo," I rolled my eyes playfully. "Hermano... is the time machine ready?"

    "Si. Pero... In order to use it, we need an item from it's time period," he explained. "So in order to go the Encanto and it's era, we need something from it's place of origin."

"By the looks of it, I need to pack my bags. Hermano... get my plan ticket ready. I'm heading to Colombia. Make that tickets for 2," I hang up and smile.

"You're not seriously going to steal the poncho, are you?" Finn says in a monotone.

"That's where you come in my partner in crime. But more like... "borrow" it," I flattered my eyes and put my stuff away and pull out my car keys.

"You're crazy."

"I know. But you still love me," I wink.

"You're lucky I'm still your friend as I watch you get into trouble," he remarks. "But I'm NOT going on any of your crazy idea adventures. I promise I would visit my grandparents for spring break," Finn glared.

"Damn it."

"YOU WERE ABOUT TO ASK ME, WEREN'T YOU!?" He yelled.

   "Actually the extra ticket is for you.." I smiled sheepishly.

   "Well... no. I can't break my promise."

   "Please~. Its a 3 day trip and you can be with your family after and I won't bother you. All you have to do is lower me in the exhibit. You're the strongest person I know," I rub my neck.

   "Oh. That's it? You sure there's nothing else I should be doing?" He says eyeing me suspicious.

"I promise. And you'll be with grandma before you know it," I smiled and waited for him to grab his stuff. He shoved his belongings into his bag and locked the door and then closed it.

We both walked out of the school and head over to the car. You turned it on with the keys and faced Finn. "My place. Tomorrow, at 7:30am."

"Why so early?" He groaned.

   "The earlier the better," I ruffled his hair.

   "I hate you."

   "Awww... I love you too."

   "Puta.."

   "Love you too puto. See you tomorrow. I got a poncho to 'borrow' ," I got into my car and drove off, heading home.