F I F T H T E E N

I saw glowing greens eyes stare at me. Fireworks set off, lighting the courtyard and my eyes widen.

   'Bruno. In the flesh.'

   We were frozen in our spots. I want to get my shard and ask him before the party is over. But how much time do I have left? If I were to get my shard, will he disappear? He slowly brings the object in his hand to his mouth and takes a bite slowly.

   'It's now or never. Do I bring it or do I leave it and talk to Bruno?' I felt my palms sweat and I frown. I walk towards him as I see him get startled. With step I take, Bruno looks nervous and starts to panic.

   There I was. Face to face with Bruno. "Come with me," I pulled his hand to my room and I closed the door. I turn on the white noise secretly and pull the shard out. And hid it behind my back. "Bruno Madrigal. Uncle of Isabella, Dolores, Luisa, Camilo, Mirabel and Antonio."

   "Y-Yes. T-Thats me... umm... who are you?" He asked nervously.

   "I'm Y/n L/n. You have the answer I need to know about," I frown. I show him the shard I have and held it like it was a playing card. "This is yours, isn't it?"

   "Why yes... B-But what do you want f-from me?" He asked as he eats his Arepa that I figured out that he was holding and munches it nervously.

   "Do you recognize this?" I hand him the shard. He held it ever so gently being careful around the sharp edges.

   He frowns as he looked at it confused. "What? How did you get your hands on this? I don't remember having a vision of this? Where did you get this?" He asked as he finally gets his sentences out without stuttering. "Who are you?"

   "Let's make a deal. I'm not sure why you're back. And why you're here. As I have been told you left. I'm not going to force it out. You must have your reasons. I will pretend I never saw you and you promise you never heard what I'm about to tell you," I look at him with a firm expression as I held my hand out to confirm out deal. "Do we have a deal, Bruno?"

He thinks it over and shakes my hand. "Deal."

"Let's start over. I'm Y/n L/n. I'm from- uhh... I'm from a land called Finnmany," I smiled.

   "Finnmany? I never heard of it," Bruno raised a brow.

   "Its small. Very small. Population 128. Its very small. I come all this way as I heard of a family who has powerful powers. And I heard about you. Now that you're here, please tell me what it is," I asked. "I need to know."

   "Like I said, I don't recognize having a vision of that. I'm sorry kid," He apologies. He is being sincere as he hands me back the shard. "If I discover anything, you'll be the first to know. I have to get going. Good night." He walks out of my room and runs away.

   I stare at the shard and close the door. I sat down and sighed. "If he didn't recognize it... it must be years later, he has this vision." I grabbed my notebook and took notes. 'Man... hiding my identity is hard. My brother must be asleep by now. I have to wait 10 days to talk with him.'

I turn off the white noise and got into bed. I drift to sleep to be woken by a new day.

"Camilo!!"

"Y/n! Run! Run Y/n. Go!"

"You don't belong here, Y/n. This is not your world. Their fate... is going to be on your hands."

I woke up shocked and panting. I was swearing. "It was a dream. Nothing but a dream." I sat up and pour myself a cup of water, from the pitcher thats in my room and drank it. I sighed and look outside. It was still dark out. I look at the clock to see its only 4 in the morning. I lit the candle I have and sat on my bed.

I heard their screams.
It felt real.
The dream felt real.

There were unknown people.
But they knew who I was.
They knew why I was here.

Who's coming after me?
Who's coming after the Madrigal's?

   I pull out my phone and open the saved files. Trying to see if I could get a lead. When...

Knock. Knock.

I hid my phone and went to open the door. I crossed my arms.

"Camilo? It's 4 in the morning," I whispered.

"I can't sleep. I had this weird dream," He explains as he was in a robe, assuming he is half-naked.

"And you think coming to me will help?" I raised a brow.

"Yep. Pretty much," he smiled sheepishly.

"Come on in, I guess," I move to the side and let him in. I grabbed the extra spare cup and pour water for him.

"Thanks. It happened again."

"What again?" I sit on my bed.

"The mysterious woman dream."

"Oh... that. Go on."

He explained to me that the woman was something extraordinary. She was funny and sweet. Strong and amazing. But she feared telling who she was. He said I had some of the qualities and grew suspicious it could be me. I bluffed and try to give him other qualities of myself that wouldn't fit his description. But he says he couldn't jump to conclusions as we still teens. And she was grown up.

We talked for the rest of the night to dawn and fell asleep once again in each other's presence.

☁︎︎
No POV

"Shhh... we shouldn't wake them. But look.." Dolores opened the door slightly of Y/n's room.

The family Madrigal peaked into the room and smiled at the sight.

"Awww look at them..." Pepa smiled so brightly and a rainbow appeared above her head. "They're just made for each other."

"I guess we'll have the family meeting at Lunch. Let them rest for a little longer," Abuela Alma suggested.

Everyone went to work and let the two of you rest. As the house became quiet, Bruno walked into the room quietly. His rats explored the room and found the shard in your bag. Bruno awarded them and look at the image.

"It's mine for sure... but when did it happen? Where did it come from?" He look at his nephew and Y/n sleep. His heart softened.

'What if... I could make the exact replica? But I would need her for it to work. Mama doesn't know I'm still around. I will have to wait. Man I'm hungry... I wonder if Julieta has leftovers.'

He places the shard back in its place and exits the room, then heads to the kitchen.