S E V E N

'Wait.. she wasn't given a gift..?'

   "You didn't get a gift, Mirabel?" I asked as she gestures me to change in the dress. I head over to her bathroom and change. I carefully placed my bag down and I spread my arms out.

"Sadly, no. I... I never knew why. It was my birthday that day. Everyone was getting ready-"

❤︎
Mirabel's POV

"Mirabel!" I turned around and smiled as Camilo appeared and gave her gift. "For you!! I saw it at the store with mama, and I asked if she could buy it for me to give it for you. It would look amazing with your outfit!"

   I grabbed the present and it was a white bow with a small butterfly in the center holding the bow together.

  "I love it Camilo!" I hugged him as he returned it.

   "May I?" He offered to help put the bow in my hair. I nod and he stood on his tiptoes and placed the bow in my hair.

   "Thank you, Cami," I hugged him.

   "So... are you nervous?"

   "A little."

   "Don't be. It's going be an amazing gift that will be out of this world," Camilo made explosion sounds with his mouth and smiled.

   "Camilo! It's time to greet the guests!" Abuela says with exciting tone.

   "See you later, Mira!" Camilo ran off.

   After everyone settled down inside, it was my time. Abuela explained the run down of the meaning of our candle. And what happened to my grandfather.

   I walk down the isle and up the stairs. Mama and Papa were there on the sidelines to support me. And Abuela gave me the small talk of the promise to help the community with my gift.

   I touched the candle and walk up to my door

   I touched the candle and walk up to my door. Once I touched it.. the door started to fade and disappear. I backed away and I looked at Abuela.

   "Abuela?" She look down at the candle and then at me. Not knowing what to respond. The people started to mutter and I felt embarrassed. I started to cry and ran out of Casita.

   "Mirabel!!" My mother called out to me.

   I head over to Isabella's garden and hid myself within the flowers. I hugged my knees and cried silently.

   "Mirabel?"

   "How did you find me?"

   "I followed you."

   I lifted my glasses and wipe my tears. I turn to see Camilo with a plate of food. He walks up to me and sits down.

   "What's wrong cous?"