T H R E E

Nightfall arrived and I set up my spy gear. Finn  and I were dressed in black to blend in with the shadows. And put on masks to cover your identity. I tucked my hair in to not blow my cover. This is an authorized mission. But like they always say, "Curiosity killed the cat. And satisfaction brought back."

I was on the roof as I held my tracking device following the pin point left behind earlier. While I rolled my eyes at Finn's ranting session with himself for the 1787th time.

"I can't believe we're going through with this. What if we get caught? I'm too young to be thrown in jail. There's still so many animes to watch and stuff to collect. Why did she have to drag me with her? Why did even the Madrigal's disappear? We wouldn't be in this mess!" He says panicking.

"Would you relax for one second? You might even drop me because your nerves!" I yelled at him in a whisper tone. "If I'm caught by the cops or worse Agent Oscar and he snitches to the agency, you better prepare your tombstone," I glared and that silenced him.

I put on my harness gear and hand him the rope as he held it. I opened the roof window and I look down at Camilo's poncho glass case. I fasten the bag my brother gave me and my climbing gloves.

"Ok, Finn. Can I trust on you and your boxing trophies to lower me in and bring me back up?" I looked at him.

"I can't believe my only best friend is doubting my strength," He playfully rolled his eyes.

"Let's do this. Let's stay connected," we both turn on our ear piece.

I got down and entered the window. Finn slowly lowers me and I held onto the rope. Once I was in front, I sprayed the air in check for lasers. I kept aware of my surroundings and saw none.

"No lasers. I'm going in," I whispered.

"Copy that," Finn replied.

I pull out the microchip and open the glass case, since it had a glass door. I place the chip and turn it on. I grab the poncho and examine it. It look worn out and ripped. Something big happened many years ago. I snap out of my thoughts and put it in the bag.

"Bring me up-"

"Who goes there?!"

"It's Oscar!" I whispered. "Pull me up!! Finn! Finn!!" He pulls me up at a fast rate.

"You there!! Intruder!! You won't escape that easily!!" Agent Oscar yells pulling out his grappling hook.

"I'm screwed. Finn... Any time now," I mumbled. I made it to the window when I hear the hook unleash. Finn grabs my hand and we set off running.

"Did you grab it?"

"Yes! Let hurry!" I pull out my watch and dial my brother.

"Hello. You're speaking with the most amazing tech scientists, Dr. L/n. May I help-"

"Hey, Dr. Pea brain, "Oh we need something from its place of origin." We been spotted. Did you receive it?" I snapped as we slid down the ladder and got on our motorbikes. We turn them on as saw Oscar catching up. We press the gas as we make a smoke screen with the tires and we set off into the streets.

   "Yes. But remember you agreed to the idea. So don't go blaming me, this is my first Temporal Machine! I will contact a guy I know in the hotel you're staying to take your stuff to the airport. Rey Romero will take you guys back home," he explains as I hear him typing.

   "Rey Romero? As in the Mafia you used to be in?!" I yell as we pass through traffic, dodging cars, with Finn following my lead.

"Hey! I used to be his best man. He is a good guy when you get to know him. Before I was invented by the agency to join the tech camp. Plus, He will do anything for me. Gadgets, machine parts, serums, you name it. Last week, he told me he would be in Colombia for the month for business stuff."