N I N E

"So what do you want to do, Camilo?" I asked watching poncho sway side to side.

   "I had of things in my head but.. it involves with the village. But with my mother's crazy weather patterns thats out of her control, we can't leave home," Camilo stops and I bumped into his back due to be focused on his poncho. He turns around and chuckles. "You're only been here a day and you're already hurting me."

   "Sorry.." I chuckle nervously.

   We looked into each other's eyes and I felt mesmerized by his beautiful dark emerald eyes and his nice amount of freckles cross his face. Lightning struck, lighting our features. I felt stuck in a trance. I see how perfect each strand of curls is. I see how the light wind carry a bit of rain and lands on his face, making him shimmer.

   Its like time stopped.

   "Camilo! Can you help me in the kitchen?" We break eye contact and shakes his head, and composes himself. "Coming Tia! Umm... Y/n would you like to come?"

   "Sure. Its like I got nothing else to do.." I smiled. 'Actually... I would be playing Mario Kart right about now. Maybe even finish Security Breach.' I thought to myself.

   We head down to the kitchen to see a busy Julieta at work. Pots and food grilling and bubbling. Flipping every arepa and exchanging for new freshly made raw dough.

   "We feeding the whole village aren't we, Tia?" Camilo takes off his poncho and lays it over a chair. He rolls up his sleeves and washes his hands. He grabs an apron off the hook and puts it on him. A yellow chameleon designed apron. I look at the hook and see only three hooks.

   One, labeled 'Julieta' with plants drawn around it. Another had Camilo's name on it with his symbol on it. And lastly Mirabel, with butterflies around it. 'They must be the only ones helping in the kitchen.'

   "Of course. They're hungry, according to Dolores. Y/n, grab Mirabel's. She is busy with finishing the dress as you know she is working on. Come join us," Julieta smiles quickly as she puts her focus on the food. "We need to hurry. Pepa will soon wake up and the people are hungry. They weren't expecting Pepa's climate fever."

   I quickly washed my hands and put on Mirabel's apron. I followed Julieta's instructions and we work in the kitchen. Felix, Agustin and Dolores walked in and out of the kitchen grabbing the finished food as I look outside and there was a line.

   "10 minutes before the storm Julieta!" Felix says informing us.

   "Thank you Felix!" Julieta says back. "Being married to my sister, got perks when you know the weather outcast and changes about to happen."

   "Periodt," I felt eyes on me, I look up and I gulped. They looked at me confused. "Umm... I mean... Must be hard to know when boom the weather changed." I laugh nervously.

   "You'll get used to it, angelita," Camilo says.

   "Yeah. 50 years being triplets. And during those 45 years, you can imagine how predictable everything is right about now," Julieta chuckles. "Luckily it's just a drizzle."

   "Yeah."

   We wrap up cooking and we head out to help the line go faster. Passing out food to families. I filled the plates and covered them with tin foil. Camilo, Luisa, and Isabella passed the plates. Well... Isabella using her vines to pass them.

   By the time we're done, we had 3 minutes to spare. We cheered and took everything back inside.

   "Thank you guys..." Julieta sighs in relief. "With the sun gone, the crops won't be ready to be harvest."

   "Oh... so people don't have food?" I asked.

"Yeah. The people are low on food. While we always are stocked up, for one Julieta and two we're a pretty big family," Dolores smiles.

"Camilo! Camilo! Look what Mirabel made me!" Antonio runs up with a different outfit from what he had before.

"Awesome! You're so handsome little bro.." Camilo kneeled down and they fist bump.

"Ok family... time for dinner," Julieta says breaking my focus on Camilo's and Antonio's brotherly moment.

Mirabel comes out and yawns.

"Still working on it?" I asked her.

"Yeah... Antonio came in asked for new outfit. And I couldn't say no," Mirabel smiles nervously.

Luisa came in with a chair for me as I once again stare where I'm going to sit. She puts the seat right between Antonio and Camilo.

"Here you go, Y/n. One seat for our special new friend," Luisa says with a kind smile.

"Thank you, Luisa," I smiled back. I go sit down in my new assigned seat and the plates of food were set on the table by Luisa and Agustin.

Felix pours some food and excused himself taking two plates of food with him.

"She's not getting better?" I asked looking at Abuela Alma.

"No. Looks like Julieta's powers is nothing against Pepa's fever. All we have to do is wait," Abuela replied.

Dinner was quiet. It really bugged me. It look bugged the other's too. I think they normally talk about their day but since everyone was inside all day, there wasn't much to talk about.

"So... Y/n?"

"Yes?"

"Your room is ready. Isabella, show her to room after dinner?" Abuela asked Isabella who simply nodded while eating her food.

Dinner was over and I followed Isabella to my room. It was small and cozy. Beautifully decorated with a few plants here and there.

"I hope you like it," Isabella says sweetly.

"Like it? I love it. Thank you," I smiled.

"There's a gift from each one of us. Roses are mine. Luisa picked out the bed. Camilo, the stuffed chameleon plush. Dolores is a necklace thats on the dresser that Abuela picked. Antonio is the drawing on the wall. Felix's and Pepa's gift is the curtains. My father's and mother's gift is rocking chair. Dresses are from Mirabel," She explained.

My eyes soften and I went to hug her. I whispered a "thank you."

"Oh, Mirabel set your bag on your bed. I should get going and let you settle in. The bathroom is just down the hall for guests. Just turn the sign to know you're inside. So no one will interrupt," She smiled and left my room, closing the door afterwards.

I waited a few seconds and I set out my stuff, checking everything was untouched. Thankfully no finger prints weren't left behind. I let out a sigh of relief.

I put my stuff back in the bag and sat down on my bed, looking at the chameleon plush.

'Time to update my brother.'