T W E N T Y - F O U R

Hello Shapeshifties,

Sorry I wasn't very active as much like usual. I had a lot on my mind recently and my mental health had depleted where I couldn't concentrate on write. I'm slowly returning my daily routine. So I should return with normal updates. Now let get back to the story.

☁︎︎

   After dinner, I excused myself. Camilo wanted to hang out on Casita's roof to stargaze but I turned him down as it was our weekly thing. I told him that me and Jessica got close and I was invited to sleepover at her place.

   "Do you have to go?" Camilo whines on my bed.

   "I'm only gone for the night, geez Camilo. You're such a baby," I teased.

   "You never miss a stargazing with me," he pouts.

   "Camilo... stop. I'm not going to fall for that. I just need girl time every once in a while," I explained.

   "You got my cousins and sister!" He crossed his arms.

   "Ugh... Camilo. Don't tell me you're jealous that I'm hanging out with someone else besides you," I smirked.

   "No Im not! What about you? I bet you were jealous when I was hanging out with Jessica the whole day," he observed me.

   "N-No.. No I wasn't!" I looked away and blushed. 'I will never admit that to him...'

On the edge of my eye, I saw him raise a brow and smirk. "You were!" He laughs.

"Anyways... I gotta go now," I close my small bag and head towards the door. I felt a hand on mine. I turn around and face Camilo.

   I see him take a deep breath and sighs. "Y/n... I've been meaning to tell you something."

"And that is?"

I see him blush and starts to get nervous. "Would you like..." he pauses. I waited for him response and his beautiful emerald eyes meet mine. "Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?"

"Camilo... I-"

"I know you just see me as a friend and all. And stuff. But like I said... I want to get know you more and all," he pulls me in close to him. My heart pounding crazily. I gulp unconsciously as he stroke my cheek with the same gentleness in his tone. "Mi angelita... please?"

His sweet honey tangerine scent hits my nose. My hands landed unconsciously on his chest as he held my waist close. His face was just inches away from mine. 'Am I just going to let go all of my hard work and go for it? Am I really going to take the risk? No. I can't. This isn't my world. It never was. But... the setting around us. Two adults. In a bedroom. Alone. Trying to hide our- no- my feelings from him. When he is openly wanting to go on a date with me? Will things change between us? Or will it change their future?'

He push my hair back as I know the setting around us, will make it hard to escape. I got lost in his emerald eyes as he tries to read me. I know he wants to understand me. I know he does. Its like I'm walking a tightrope. I know some people are longed for a life that is just simple and planned. To follow what's written in history, but he would follow me either way. Like... if I jump, he would jump with me. He would follow me into the unknown.

He takes my hand and held it his large ones. As he looks like he won't let go, awaiting for my answer.

"5 years... and you want to know more about me?" I asked in a gentle tone to match his.

"Mi angelita... Y/n. You mean everything to me. If you just let me understand you. Why you talk the way you do. Do things I never seen anyone else do. To let me in," his voice was on the verge of giving up soon. It's like he knew something. "I won't let go of you, until I hear your response."

   With my heart pounding, his closeness, am I about to risk it all to be with you? I feel like I'm on a tightrope. Am I sure? Will I let you catch me if I fail?

"I would love to go on a date with you," I kissed his cheek as he looked at me shocked. I caught him off guard and I smiled.

"R-Really?"

"Of course. What time?"

"The same time for stargazing?" He grins.

"Its settled then, mi heroe," I reciprocate his grin. "I have to go, Jessica is waiting. I'll be back for breakfast."

First step. I hope I don't regret it.

I say my goodbyes to Camilo and I head over to Jessica, as we head to her home. After we covered some land. I dig my hand in my bag and turn on the white sound.

"Jessica."

"Did you turn on-"

"Yep." We arrived at her newly built home and we entered her house. "Very small."

"Hey... I don't want to be here in the first place!" She snapped and pitched the bridge of her nose. She takes a deep breath. "Alright.. heres the files, that I hacked on Ms. Eris files. I transferred them to my drive as she forgot to lock them thoroughly." She walked over to bag and pulled out her laptop. She turns it on and logs in. I stood next to her and she open the files. "See here? All the dates. Fill in. When he was born?"

"1936."

"So he would be estimated to be 63 on the first disappearance. Then it looks like it decreases by time," she points out. "I haven't checked all the files. So I can't explain everything." She opens files upon files. Our eyes widen at many pictures that never was released to the public.

"Statues? Destruction? This makes no sense," I felt my heart pound as if it was pounding in my ears. I can hear it and when she open one more picture my heart stop.

I was hugging Camilo. Just like my vision shard. All the Madrigal's were frozen. Beside Camilo and me.

   "How? Thats me! But... I.. How?? I'm so confused. The Madrigal's disappearance is because of me..." I fell on my knees.

   "That's not true. There's has to be a file that explains everything," Jessica joins me on the ground. "I can't believe I'm saying this... but I don't think its you. All these years everyone looking up to you. You never let anyone get hurt. You always got their back. I envy that. I don't believe you're the cause of this. I believe someone is behind all of this," she says as I believe her words of passion in them.

   I take a deep breath and I looked at her. "Do... Do you think its Ms. Eris? 'Cause my brother have the file and he couldn't get in it."

   "Because the system is only weak on when she is not around. And on rainy days," She pulls up from the ground. "She has something to do with it."

   "Jessica... should I tell him?"

   "I don't know. Lover boy is head over heels. What are you afraid of? Tell him. You spent years researching on them. If you care so much... about their stupid safety. Tell him. I can tell you love him... the only stopping you is... this stupid time switch up thing," she let out a scoffy laugh. "Take the risk. Beat the odds. Anyone blind enough could see clearly you two are made for each other."

   "Ok. I will tell him."