T H I R T Y - S I X

"Nnngh

"Nnngh..." I woke up to the sound of the heart monitor. My eyes adjusted as I looked around my new surroundings. . "Was... it all a dream?"

   The door opened to reveal my mother and father as they rushed over to my side as they held a bag of their breakfast.

   "Sweetie... I was so worried about you!!" My mother cried, she quickly sat down on my bed and set her things down as she showered me with kisses.

   "What... happened?" My voice was completely broken and raspy. Like I was asleep for days.

   "You had an accident. The officers said that your car breaks weren't working and the car got out of control. They believed you were on the way home a few nights ago and you crashed into a few cars and truck full of dirt, which you and the truck driver fell into the waters," my mother explained. "The police did a further investigation that the car was tampered, so there won't be no charges for the moment until it's resolved."

   "You should thank that boy..." my father pointed to a tan skinned boy on the sofa, sleeping peacefully. He had beautiful soft curls and wore a a white shirt and brown jeans, and had what I assume is a yellow jacket with Chameleons on it, that was keeping him warm from my cold hospital room. He looks so familiar. As if I've seen him before. But nothing rings a bell at the moment. "He saw the situation and saved you from drowning. The boy explained his side of the story to the authorities. They're waiting for you to wake up to tell yours." I gazed back at my parents.

   "The boy never left your side. He wanted to reassure you were alright. He was deeply worried. Especially he didn't know who you are." My mother gazed at him with admiration. "But in his own words he said, he heard your pleads for help. As if he feet moved on his own he ran after you, him and a bystander dived right in to save you and the driver. You weren't responding and did immediate CPR on you. He attempted with option one, without mouth-to-mouth involved. But it didn't work so he gave you oxygen to push out the water of you. You were soon revived and was knocked out cold after."

   I heard shuffling and a grunt as I focused once again on the boy. He yawned and his eyes flutter awake. He sat up and rubbed his eyes as he turned his head towards us. He mumbled a 'good morning'. Then looked away for a second and turned back around shocked as he looked at me.

   "You're awake!" He smiled and walked over to me. "I'm Camilo Madrigal." His smiled made feel warm inside as I gulped.

   "Y-Y/n. Umm... have we met before? You look awfully familiar." I asked.

   "Hm?" He stared at me as he blinks, then frowns. "We're in the same High School together. We have Theater and History together."