T W E N T Y - O N E

Your POV

   Knock. Knock.

   "Who is it?" I say as I examined the hickeys.

   "Its me, Mirabel," I sighed and looked at the door.

   "Come in."

   She comes in with a tray of food and closes the door with her foot. She placed the tray down on table and I observe her every move.

   "Damn... he sure left a lot of hickeys," she giggled and then smirked.

   "Tell me about it. I don't think I can cover it up now," I groan in frustration as I applied makeup.

   "What happened anyways?" She asks.

   "Camilo didn't tell you?"

"He said something along the lines of erotic dreams," she smirked. "How did you not feel it coming? You have amazing instincts than anyone I know."

"I'm a deep sleeper... I don't feel things happening around me when I sleep," I explained. Thats one flaw I have of being a spy. I can never overcome my strong unconsciousness to sense what's happening. To know if I'm endangered or not. Enemies could easily kill me or drug me. Unless I get startled.

"Damn... that took a toll on you for my cousin's hormones," she says awkwardly. I raised a brow. "Lemme have a look. Maybe I can help."

"Knock yourself out," I rolled my eyes.

Mirabel smoothen the makeup and did some shading and mixing, until I no longer see them. I sighed in relief as I looked in the mirror.

"Oh my gosh... Thank you so much Mirabel!" I hugged her. She pats my back and we pulled away. I see her look down sadly. I frown. "What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing... just out of curiosity.." she pauses. "What are your thoughts on my cousin?"

"Camilo?" She nods. "Well... we have been best friends for a while now. I guess he's nice to hang around," I sat down on my bed and she follows.

"But do you have any thoughts.. I don't know... being more?" She looks at me awkwardly. She is being really weird.

"Umm... what do you mean exactly? Like... a couple?" I sipped my water.

"Yes?"

I choked on my water and I looked at her. "Where is this coming from? I only see him a friend..." I look away. "I can't explain any further but... I will soon return home. I don't want to burden you all. Especially with something I might regret..."

"Y/n... just know... I'm always here for you. You can tell me anything..." she smiles as she places her hand on my shoulder.

I take a moment to think... I normally go to Luisa for advice. Or Isabella. They know more about my feelings Mirabel would.

"Camilo... he is an amazing guy. He is funny, sweet and great with kids. He is talented and amazing cook. I just... I just..." I sighed.

"You just what?"

"I can't tell him anything. No matter how hard I try. I want to tell him. But I can't because it's hard explain and I don't want to screw things up. Mirabel... I think I'm just madly-"

"Hey Y/n! I forgot to show my design-" Mirabel barges in and I stood up shocked. I backed away. "Oops-"

"Mirabel!!"

"Sorry!! I forgot!!"

"CAMILO?!" I growled as he turns back into himself. "HOW COULD YOU?"

"Mi Angelita... I'm sorry... I just-"

"Mi Angelita nothing!!" I gestured my finger side to side, along with my head. "You tricked me!!" I walked out of my room and out of Casita.

"Y/n! Wait!"

"Just leave me alone Camilo!"

He grabs me and pulls me close as he looks at me apologetically. Fear was in his eyes and I relaxed in his arms.

   "What..." I avoid his eye contact.

   "I'm sorry for pretending to be Mirabel to get information out of you. I'm sorry for that I gave you hickeys without your permission and without you knowing. I must've did it in my sleep. You have all right to be mad with me," He strokes his hand through my hair and lift my chin up. "I'm sorry, please forgive me."

   I sighed. "I'm sorry too. I should've yelled at you. We could've talked things out... I just got a lot on my mind."

   "You know I'm always here.." he spoke in a gentle manner that ever so love about him.

   "I know..." I smiled. "Say want to go the lake and-"

   "Camilo!" We turned to Abuela Alma smiling. "I have someone you must meet." My eyes widen.

  Agent Jessica... what is she doing here? And how... did my brother- no. He wouldn't reveal anything about his time portal he made. Let alone, he doesn't obey our head leader, Ms. Eris.

   "Hello. I'm Jessica Benitez. I just moved in and I crashed into your lovely Abuela. She is so amazingly sweet. You must be Camilo. She told me all about you. She wasn't lying that you're handsome," she smiles making Camilo flustered. Abuela Alma pulls him over to Jessica and smiled.

   "Camilo.. why don't you get to know her and show her around? She is also coming over to dinner," Abuela Alma says in the exact same tone when she made Isabella's engagement announcement. Oh no... she isn't what I think she is planning.

   "Sure Abuela. We will continue our conversation later, Y/n. Duty calls," Camilo says with a smile and walked away.

   Abuela Alma head inside and I looked at Jessica who turned around and smirked. She winked at me and mouthed. 'I'm coming for you...'

   I formed fists in my hand and I glared at her as she wraps around her arm to lock with Camilo's.

   I always hated Agent Jessica. She is just right behind me in the agency ranks of best agent. 2nd place to be exact. We always been competitive for the spot at number one. And even through our middle school and high school years. It hurts to see she tries to out do me.

   But what really hurts right now...

   ....is that Camilo didn't call me mi angelita....