S I X

"Camilo. Who's this?" I turned around and see Mirabel. Camilo held his finger up, meaning to wait a second. He entwines my hand, pulls me leading up to the stairs.

"Familia. Attention!" Camilo clears his throat and every Madrigal was staring at us. I got shy with everyone staring at me and hid a bit behind Camilo. I'm not used to having full attention on me. It was always my brother. Not me. "Familia... this is Y/n. I met her in the forest. She's new.
Y/n. This is my family."

   Sometimes. I don't know how long I can keep the charade up of not knowing who they're. Though I do know them. But I must not fidget with time.

   "Nice to meet you all," I courtesy and smiled.

   The family smiled and welcomed me, one by one. Abuela, Agustin, Luisa, Mirabel, Antonio, Dolores and Felix.

   "Now... let's go meet my mother," Camilo pulls me again and the familia giggled. The doors shined as we passed each one. Camilo gently knocks and carefully open the door. "Good morning mami... how are you feeling?" My expression softens as Camilo's tone changes into a gentle quiet one. We enter her room and he went to sit down on the bed, next to his mother.

   "Good morning hi- achoo!" Pepa sneezed and I hear thunder strike outside. "I'm doing great." She smiles in effort to make him not worry so much. "Oh? Who's this lovely girl? Is she your girlfriend, Camilo?"

   "G-Girlfriend?!" Camilo stutters and shapeshiftes into multiple people and returns to normal. And I felt my cheeks heat up. "No. No mama. She isn't my girlfriend... yet." Camilo turns to look at me and smiles. I blush harder and I look down.

   "Alright. Enough with the teasing," she flashed me a smile. "Come here, sweetie. Don't worry, I won't shock you."

   I got closer to her and smiled back. "I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you, Camilo's mom." I courtesy once again.

   "Please call me, Pepa," she was about to lean in to hug me but Camilo stopped her with his arm out , gently gesturing her to lay back down. "Right. Sick." I smiled at how caring he was with his mother. I saw her whisper to Camilo and his eyes widen as his cheeks turned bright pink.

"A-Anyways... Tia will come by with your favorite soup, so you can feel better mama," he kisses her forehead and looks at me.

"Y/n... tell me. Where you're from?" Pepa asked.

'Oh shit..' I quickly think of something. "I.. I'm from no where in particular. I actually just like traveling. Finding a place where I feel like home." I rub my neck nervously.

"Awww... what about your parents? Where's your-"

"Umm.. they let me go. Have adventures and... explore," I look down, avoiding her eye contact.

"Sorry... I hope I didn't trigger anything."

"No. No. It's fine."

"One last thing, would you- achoo!!! -like to stay with us?" She asked and Camilo grab my hand and rubs it with his thumb to assure me, that he is there.

"Oh no.. I don't want to be a burden. If it's alright, I would my own place to stay?" I look up.

   "Maybe stay the night? It's going to be a long day." She sneezes again causing strong winds and downpours.

"Good idea," I agreed.

"Alright. We should leave you to rest mama. I need to give a quick tour of the house to Y/n," Camilo says pulling me once again and I waved goodbye to Pepa. We head to a glowing door that his self portrait and name on it. He opens it to reveal a wide room full of mirrors and the bed in the center of it.