E I G H T

"Time for lunch!!!" We got startled by the loud voice of Luisa.

We break the hug and I wipe my tears. "Thanks guys..."

"We're here whenever you want to talk. Any of the three us will listen to you," Mirabel smiled.

"Three of us..?" Any second they're going to say, Dolores.

"My sister, Dolores. She has super hearing," Camilo whispered and waves his hand like he is making a magic trick.

"Oh. Noted," we hug once more and we head out to the dinner table to eat. I stood there as I notice there wasn't a chair for me. "Oh... umm..."

Camilo got up and gestures me to sit in his chair. "Y/n, take mine. Here."

   "You sure?"

   "Positive. Go on. I will share with my little brother. Right bro?" Camilo hugs Antonio as he giggles and nods. He lifts Antonio and he made him sit on his lap while they start to eat. I sat down and started to eat as well.

   "So, Y/n. I heard you're new? Do you mind telling us about yourself?" Abuela Alma asks taking a bite of her food.

   "Well... I'm from a family of 4. I come from far away. I travel a lot to seek adventure and see where my feet takes me. Umm... I used to be in theater and choir. And I'm learning to be a designer," I smiled.

"Really? Camilo used to be in lots of plays back when he was a kid, before he got his gift," Abuela smiled at the memory she must remembered.

   "Abuela~" Camilo whines.

   "You could've seen him... he was adorable," Abuela sighed. "Oh... how time flies by."

"I can't believe this~" Camilo hides his face behind Antonio's head to hide his embarrassment.

   "Pero Camilo... you were amazing. There's nothing to be shy about," Julieta smiled.

   "Now... what brings you to Encanto, Y/n?" Abuela Alma stares at me as if she knows I'm hiding something.

   "I... I was just traveling and was planning to pass by. Thats all. But when I was up in the trees, I hurt your grandson when I fell. And... I wanted to make sure he was alright. And then your granddaughter, Isabella invited me to stay with you guys," I smiled sheepishly.

"Well... why don't you stay in Encanto? This week is Antonio's birthday and gift ceremony. Why don't you stay and have fun?" Abuela suggested.

"Thank you for your hospitality. I would love to stay in Encanto," I relaxed my muscles as I got through the first part of the plan. But I need to update my brother for my log. "I was wondering if I could have a place of my own? I don't want to a burden to you all."

"No need. You can stay with Mira-"

"It's that I'm a... sleep talker! And I don't think she can sleep because of the noice I make, so.. thats why I want my own place," I can't believe I just lied. Welp... I will by lying about 75% of my time here anyways.

"Hmm.. well... we do have a spare room.." Abuela thinks for a moment. Does this woman now give in and let me be?

"Y/n..." Julieta's looked at me gently. "As a family, you have to understand that minors can't live alone. If I take Mirabel for example, I know she is head strong and smart. She is still a minor. And there's things she can't do on her own yet. You understand?"

Wait... I look down and I forgot I'm in a 15 year old body. I mentally facepalmed myself. That's why they can't let me off the hook. Great. I wonder how long it will take for me, to move out and update my brother.

"Yes. I understand," I sighed.

"Your parents may allow you to go out and explore. But we as a family look out for one another, and now you're one of us," Julieta's says in a motherly manner. "My sister will probably say the same thing but she is resting."

   "Fine. You win. I will stay," I sighed. "I'm warning you... I talk in my sleep." The family chuckles.

   "I will see if we have a spare room," Abuela says and we continued to finish our meals.

   After Lunch, everyone resumed to there chores around the house and I wander around Casita a bit. Looking at each glowing door. I was about to go to the other side, when I see a dark hallway.

   'Here must lie at least a clue...'

   I walk down it and I see stairs. I walk up it and my eyes widen. It was a unlit door. I look around and pull out my phone thats in a hidden compartment in my dress and turn on the light. I gasped.

   "Bruno..." I whispered hopefully soft enough for Dolores to not hear and rested my hand on the door, tracing the lines. I take pictures and then slide it back in my dress.

   "Y/n... what are you doing at Bruno's door?" I jump at Camilo's voice. I turn around quickly.

   "I... Uhh... I was looking at everyone's door and this hallway caught my attention. And noticed it was unlit," I smiled sheepishly.

   "That's my tio, Bruno's door," he leaned against the wall. "He left right after Mirabel's gift ceremony. I... we never knew why he left." He looks down.

   "What was his gift?"

   "He could read the future. But the townspeople kinda weren't satisfied with... his visions. Thinking he caused whatever the vision says what happens. But its not my place to say anything," He smiled sadly towards me.

    "What was he like or look like?" I walk down the stairs to be face to face with him.

   "Hmm.. from what I remember. He was about 7 feet tall. He had rats as friends. But..." he looks at me with a gentle soft expression. "He was a great uncle."

   "Do you miss him?" I asked.

   "A little... ok. Thats a lie. A lot. The family feels empty without him. I can tell how tia Julieta misses him dearly by the mention of him. Come on, let's go do something. Before Abuela gets mad that we're in his hallway," Camilo walks away and I followed him.