T W E N T Y - N I N E

Camilo's POV

"Y/n!" I cried out to her as I lunged forwards and she disappears. As I grabbed nothing. I fell on my knees and trying to process everything.

She is 60 years into the future.

A future I never got to see.

   "My room... you'll find everything you need.." her words echoed in my head.

   I walked off the roof as Casita helped and I headed into her room. I turned on the candle on her desk, with the matches next to her candle, light it up. Her desk glows from the burning candle and my eyes widen at my discovery. 'She must've left it out on purpose.' I looked through all the sketches of objects I never seen before. I looked at the journal, that eventually caught my eye as I was looking through the pages. I set the sketches down and picked up the book. I opened it to the first journal entry.

   May 16, 1952

   Why the fuck did the Jimmy Neutron made me fall from the sky? Couldn't he put the coordinates a lower? I'm so killing that motherfucker when I get home. Whenever that is. I have researching this my entire life, but being here brings a familiar feeling. Like I have been here before. Everyone is so kind and sweet. Too sweet apart from my uneducated disrespectful world, filled with lunatics, smugglers, dealers, violence and protests. Here is so non-violent. A warming smile everywhere you look at.

   Analysis: Technology looks outdated. Not currently caught up with other countries in this time period. Which makes them very behind on what inventions are made during this time. The Madrigal's are very sweet and very giving. Especially Camilo. Camilo. Why does my heart speed up? When I stare into those eyes... it's like I want to stare into them forever. He's been nothing but sweet.

   •Camilo, Isabella, Luisa, and Pepa haven't reached their full potential.
•Their powers only work within a mile (?)
   •The Mysterious woman protects the Madrigal's
•The Mysterious woman helps Camilo reach his full potential.
•Mirabel has no gift
•Isabella and Mirabel don't get along.
Augustin is an accident prone.
•Camilo is super talented.
•Camilo had a memory of a mysterious woman.
•Bruno went missing for a decade.
•Felix is a great father.
•Dolores has a crush on Mariano. But he likes Isabella.
•Dolores is a chismosa.
•Abuela Alma is hard on Mirabel.
   •They lost their grandfather 50 years ago during the 'A Thousand Day War.'

I still don't believe I almost killed him. Makes me guilty. I hope he is ok. I mean. Of course he is. He has Julieta's amazing healing powers.

   May 21st, 1952
   Antonio's Birthday

   Alma Madrigal sure got a lot of expectations. I can feel the tension in the air for perfection. Isabella is very angrier than usual because of the overuse of her powers. Luisa carries too much items for the party. Maybe mentally too. Everyone is trying their hardest to have everything ready. But since Mirabel's ceremony, the fear is clearly shown on everyone's expressions.

But luckily everyone relaxed once Antonio got his gift. The ability to talk to animals. He had the most cutest smile ever. The animals are so sweet and fun to hang around with.

   Camilo gave me cute tie to tie up my hair. He made me feel just like I belong here. Like I feel at home. We danced and spinned around like fools. Having the most amazing time ever. We danced as if we were the only ones around. The world around slow down and we stared at each other. He was so gentle and romantic. I can't believe I'm saying this. I'm going to sleep.

As I read more and more... I slowly understood why she is doing this. With updated notes and reminders.

'I'm sorry... I should've told you sooner. If you're interested to know more, check my bookshelf. I will forever miss you, Mi Heroe.'

   I closed the book and looked at the sketches. I head over to her bookshelf, seeing all updated journals entries. I pulled them out and skimmed through each one. I felt pain coming on and I gripped my hair in pain.

   "What should we call her?"

   "Jessica. She looks like a Jessica."

   The scene changes.

"Diego! Thats my son!" I swung around a little boy.

   "Let me go, papa!!" Diego squirmed.

    "Aww.. but you love cuddles!" I ruffled his hair.

   The scene changes.

   "LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE!" Diego yelled as he summoned Volcanoes and the earth cracks, letting the lava rise.

   "Alright then. In exchange, I want you to come with me," said a mischievous woman.

   "_____ DONT DO THIS! TAKE ME INSTEAD BUT LEAVE MY SON OUT OF THIS!" Y/n cried. Diego shoot lava towards the intruder and the woman fought back and shot him, turning him into stone.

   "DIEGO!!!" I yelled.

   The ground shook and I snapped out of my recollection of memories and I looked outside. The mountains started to go down and my eyes widen. A bright glow was shown and a group of unfamiliar people started walking towards Casita.

   "Casita!! Close the doors! Block them and don't let them in! Close the roof as well!" I commanded. Dolores broke into Y/n's room and panting.

   "Hermano... I'm sorry... I told the family what went down," She says.

   "Don't apologize. Y/n wanted you to hear," I held up her last journal entry. "Get everything you need. We need to go into hiding. We must stay away from them. Let everyone know. Hide." I gathered all Y/n's gadgets as she calls them in one of her entries and looked at the sketches again. I grabbed one and handed it to Dolores. "Here."

   "Whats this?" She looked at me confused.

   "Weapons. To defend ourselves. Read them over carefully. I have somewhere to be," I picked up the small cube and read the instructions carefully.

   "Where are you going?"

   "To find Y/n."

_______________

I want to do a Q & A, if you have any questions from any previous chapters or want to know something. Ask away. I will answer them in the next chapter!

Questions:

Love you all!!

XOXO 😘