T H I R T E E N

The next day, I was in my room after breakfast , writing in a spare journal Mirabel had and she gave it to me as she never got to use when I asked if she had one lying around. I wrote down what I discovered so far in my 3 days here:

   •Camilo, Isabella, Luisa, and Pepa haven't reached their full potential.
•Their powers only work within a mile (?)
   •The Mysterious woman protects the Madrigal's
•The Mysterious woman helps Camilo reach his full potential.
•Mirabel has no gift
•Isabella and Mirabel don't get along.

This morning was a ruckus between the two sisters. They were throwing daggers with one another about how helping around town for some reason.

Augustin is an accident prone.
•Camilo is super talented.
•Camilo had a memory of a mysterious woman.
•Bruno went missing for a decade.
•Felix is a great father.
•Dolores has a crush on Mariano. But he likes Isabella.
•Dolores is a chismosa.
•Abuela Alma is hard on Mirabel.
   •They lost their grandfather 50 years ago during the 'A Thousand Day War.'

Knock. Knock.

I put away my notebook under my pillow and fix my hair. I cleared my throat and compose myself.

"Come in," Camilo opens the door and walks in.

"Hey Y/n, would you like-"

"Woah... pause right there. You called me by my name. What happened to "mi angelita"?" I asked. I observe him and see him not wearing his poncho. Now that I think of it, he didn't wear it at the dining table for breakfast.

"I'm just not feeling it today with nicknames," he sighs and let out a yawn.

"Couldn't sleep?" I pat the spot next to me and sat down on my bed.

"I was thinking all night of what I saw. It feels like Deja Vu," he explains. "But its not... ugh! It's so hard to explain." Camilo lays down in frustration as his arms rested on his forehead.

I frown and tried to think. "What do you think the woman was doing?"

   "I had like two memories, but its all a blur. We looked so happy and enjoying each other's company. And the other other was terrifying... she left and to be only found all chained up," he says. "I don't what's happening..."

   "We can solve this mystery together," I say offered.

   "I wouldn't bother... if my uncle was here, I think he can tell me what it all mean," Camilo closes his eyes and sighs.

   "Possibly. Like... I don't know much about the guy, but I think he would be the best resource," I say agreeing with his statement. I look at my bag and look down. "How about get some... rest?" I here light snoring and I look at him and poked his cheek. "Camilo?" I chuckled as he falls asleep on my bed. I take my notebook out of my pillow and place it my bag. Then I adjust Camilo in my bed and tuck him in.

Camilo sleeps peacefully. His face unbothered and relaxed. Overthinking really worn him out. The sun that shine through my window lit up his features. The tint on his eye lids and the curls rising and falling with each breath he takes. His freckles being visible in broad daylight.

   I take my eyes off him and get out of the trance I was in. I quietly grabbed my bag and pulled out the shard examining it. 'There has to be more shards. But where? Is it around town? In his room? Should I go to his room? Am I even allowed in there?'

   Antonio's gift ceremony is this Thursday, when everyone is distracted. I will go in. 'I must not touch anything that will change the events.'