S E V E N T E E N

Camilo's POV

   I shield myself from the particles with my poncho. When it was all over, the dust cleared up and I heard coughing. I snap my attention to Mirabel as she looks at our candle burn out. Then I look for Y/n as she was unconscious. Her forehead was bleeding and I felt my blood turn cold.

   "Y..../n...?" I felt a tear slid down my face as I sobbed. Mirabel turned her attention to me and she gasped.

   "It's all my fault... its all my fault.."Mirabel clutches her hair. "If I didn't went for the candle she would be alive and safe. I'm sorry Camilo. I'm so sorry. It's my fault." She cries dropping the candle to cover her face, repeating her words over and over.

   "It's not your fault Mira... she wanted to help.."

   "Mirabel!!"

   "Camilo!"

   My mother and Tia Julieta ran over to us as they gasped, seeing Y/n. I see half of body was stuck in the rubble. I stood up and started removing the rubble off her, digging desperately to get her out as I felt hot tears stream down my face as I panicked.

   Mi tio, Agustin and my father helped me and I pulled Y/n out of the rubble, and made her rest on my lap.

   "Y/n?" I felt my voice crack, I stroked her cheek thats covered in dust and I press my head against hers. "Angelita....please... Please wake up..." I whispered. "Sorry I couldn't save you the second time you fell."

   Mi Tia Julieta checks her pulse and I looked at her with hope in my eyes. She smiled and nods that she is ok. I let out a sigh in relief.

   "Camilo... she is going to be ok. Have faith. She might have some broken bones and fractures. She have to stay in my hospital. I'm afraid I don't have my gift to help her. But I know some remedies that will help her numb the pain and sleep peacefully until we can find a resolution to her problem. Casita did it's best to save all of you before it's last moments. We have to be grateful that she still alive. Her pulse is week but she'll be ok," she says as she gently touched my cheek.

   "Camilo?" Antonio walked up to me all shaken up as he dusts off Y/n's bag and hands it to me. "Me and papa found it."

   "Thank you hermanito," I break a smile to encourage him to be strong. He looks at Y/n and stroked her hair. He hugs her and I can hear him silently cry, which broke my heart.

   "Thank you for saving me, Y/n," he weeps.

   Mi Tia Julieta panicked as she doesn't see Mirabel. She calls out for her and no response as she grew worried. The family grew worried including me. A villager helped me rest Y/n in a stretcher and we carried her to the hospital. Tia Julieta only uses that for the super injured, that they need days to recover.

   I rest her on a hospital bed as she groans "fuck... my legs!! It hurts!! Why can't I feel my legs?!" She wakes up and cries as she opened her eyes letting tears slid down as my heart kept breaking and breaking. She couldn't move her legs as she tried to twist and turn. She cries in horror. (Inspiration: I was watching my hero academia. :D)

I tried to calm her down, but it was like she was in her own world. The pain was unbearable. I swallowed the aching in my heart as tears reformed in my eyes and I smashed my lips on hers, to silence her. My tears mixing with hers.

   "Julieta is on her way," I whispered calmly and stroked her cheek. "Stay strong..." she calms down and looks at me with crimson cheeks.

   I hummed a melody to distract her and after time passed, she fell asleep still wincing pain every once in a while.

   Julieta arrives with a sad worried expression.

   "Couldn't find her?" She shakes her head. She pulls out her remedies and injected her. Her twisted expression of pain, eased and she relaxes in her sleep. "Hows everyone?"

   "Everyone is on the search for her. I came over as Agustin took over in finding Mirabel," she explains. I nod. I lock my hand with Y/n's and prayed for a miracle to happen.

   Where I can see her happy. Healthy. Smiling. Her hair moving within in the wind. Her saying weird words I never heard of. Her gentle smile, when she hangs out with the children of Encanto. Her strong posture of not being afraid of speaking her mind.

After some time, my family took turns watching over Y/n, while we go help repair the house. Julieta's remedies are still strong even without her powers. A few days of hard work, we finished the home with Mirabel's leadership and guidance.

'If Y/n could only see this...'

The family gathered, including my tio Bruno as we smiled at how strong and important Mirabel was. My little brother hands her a doorknob and she places it in. Lighting up Casita as it revives again. I felt the overpowering feeling of my powers returning and I smiled. Julieta and I exchanged looks as we excused ourselves from the celebration.

My mother, Pepa smiled as she hugged me and holding my hands as I stared at my Tia while she sprinkled her magical healing powder in her injection.

"Here it goes..." she takes a deep breath. She presses the needle in her skin as the liquid glowed through her body healing her legs. All her scratches was gone.

Y/n slowly shifted and opened her slowly. "W-Where... am I?"

I walked over to her and hugged her. "Home, angelita," I felt tears slid down again. "You're so foolish! You scared me, Y/n! I thought I was going to lose you!"

She snaps awake and looked around then at me. "Casita. Candle. Mirabel. Destruction.
What-"

"It's ok. We're ok. Come on, let's go home angelita," I kissed her forehead and I held her up. She almost fell as its been a while. I held her bag and I help her for support as we head home.

She look around at the newly designed Casita.

   "Y/n!!" Antonio smiled and ran up to her and hugs her. She smiled and I helped her kneel down. "I'm missed you!"

   "Awww... same here," she ruffles his hair.

   "Thank you for saving me the other day," he gave her his cute puppy eyes look.

   "Your welcome buddy," she grinned and she slowly stands up.

   The celebration started and we danced all afternoon.