T E N

I turn on the white noise and put a chair against the door, making it lean so no one could enter. I sat on my bed and turn on the watch. I press 'call' and waited for my brother to pick up.

"What up, what up little sis? How's your hour been with the Madrigal's?" He sips his coffee.

   "Great. I manage to be friend them and they're letting me stay in their home, since I'm a minor," I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry," He types on his computer. "In 15 days aka 360 hours you'll turn 16."

   "Wait what? You got to be kidding me! The project is due in a month, B/n," I whispered yelled at him. "I'll be seventeen by the time, spring break is over!"

"What? Camilo's birthday isn't until 3 weeks," he stares at me. "I will program it to be as the same birthday with him. It won't change much. So what will it be?"

   "I stick with the program," I mumbled and frowned.

"Good girl," B/n chuckles.

   "You could've done, every minute that passes, counts as an encanto day."

"I was thinking of that, but..."

   "But?"

"I don't want you calling me every minute, updating me," B/n glares.

   "Point taken. Oh and thanks."

"Thanks for what?"

   "I almost killed Camilo Madrigal."

   "You... You almost-" he burst out laughing and fell off his chair. "You almost killed Camilo! Hilarious!!"

   "Don't make me use the portal to beat your fucking ass up, you little mother fucking-"

   "B/n~ Dinner is ready. Honey who you talking to-" my mom enters his lab and gets close to the screen. "Oh! Hi baby! How's your temporal voyage coming along?"

   "Oh... it's actually going along great. I made new friends and I'm-"

   "B/n, get off the floor, you silly childish grown man," my mom whacks him and smiles as she helps him up off the ground."Now go wash up for dinner my genius mad scientist."

   I sighed and hang up. "-staying with the Madrigal's." I lay down. "'My genius mad scientist' she says. Ugh!" I screamed into my pillow. "Time for bed, Y/n. You'll need it." I remove the chair and place it back to a little desk that was in my room. I turn off the white noise and sighed. I looked in the dressers and stared at the dresses, handmade by Mirabel.

"Still working on it?" I asked her.

"Yeah... Antonio came in and asked for a new outfit. And I couldn't say no," Mirabel smiles nervously.

   "Ahh... I see now," I smiled and picked a gown to wear. Though I prefer a tank and shorts. Silk fabric to be the matter of fact. But I'm grateful for what I have. I looked in the other drawers to find the towels. I pull out one for my body and hair and a small one to wash my face.

I head to the bathroom and flip the sign. I close the door and start to undress myself and start to shower. I get inside I see a note from Luisa of shampoo recommendations. I smiled and wash up. I eventually got out and dried myself. I got dressed and wrap my hair in my towel. I look around the neatly decorated bathroom and saw a toothbrush with a note saying "for Y/n." The Madrigal's really making me feel straight at home. Once I finished, I head back to my room and sat down on my vanity table. I brush my wet hair getting all the tangles out.

   Knock. Knock.

   "Come in~," I chimed.

   "Hola angelita."

   "Hola mi héroe. What's up?" I asked as I continued brushing my hair.

   "Hows your new room?" He asked as he comes in and closes the door.

   "I find it very comfortable and cozy. Thank you and your family for the lovely gifts. I love them," I paused my motions and looked at him with a sincere smile. "How's your mom?"

   "She feels much better. Tía Julieta's powers finally kicked in and removing her fever. But the weather says other wise," he opens the door revealing the heavy rain that wasn't there before. "It's part of the healing process when your power is to control the weather."

   "Oh no... you can't go back to your room in this weather," I say with concern.

   "No worries. I will wait it out in here. Hey... mind me grooming your hair? I used to do Mirabel's all the time when we were kids," He smiles and walked over to me.

   "Go ahead. Who knew this shapeshifter is a jokester, actor, cook and now stylist. What else can you do?" I smiled as he stared in the mirror I'm looking in.

   "Lots more. Just you wait, princesa." He grabs my brush and brushes my hair with all gentleness.

   After he got all the tangles out, we lay on my bed and we talked for hours. As he wanted to know a bit more from where I'm from, while the rain kept going. Last thing I knew it, we fell asleep.

   I heard the birds chirping and sun hit my eyes. I open them slowly to see me cuddling with Camilo, with my hand resting on his chest. He was hugging back. My cheeks heat up and slowly pull myself away from him. 'This is no time for romance. Save the Madrigal's. Save them. Thats all. Nothing else.'

I turn around to hide my cheeks. 'Pretend nothing happened. Just act normal.' I start to slowly drift to sleep again.

   "Knock knock~ Good morning Y/n~. Sleep we-" Mirabel slightly open the open the door and gasped.

   It's like I got an electric shock and snap my eyes open to see myself back hugging Camilo. I sat up and stared at her.

   "You saw nothing!!" I say quickly while blushing hard. I wake Camilo and he yawns then stretches.

   "What did you do that for?" He pouts and mumbles half asleep, then sits up.

   "Wow... you two really grown close fast to sleep together?" She put her hands on her hips as she smiles, enjoying the view.

   "Huh?!" Camilo snaps awake and blushes. "Prima... you got it all wrong!! I went to say "good night" to her but the rain was pouring like crazy, and I couldn't get back to my room. So we talk and fell asleep. Case close," he explains and I nod at his words.

   "Ok. Ok. I was kidding. I didn't need an explanation. Come on. Breakfast is ready," Mirabel smiles and walks out my room.

   I got out of bed and stretched.

   "So... angelita, was I better than the plush you were supposed to hug?" Camilo smirked teasingly.

   "You little- You know?!"

   "Oh yeah... I was awake the whole time, you shifted away from me, princesa," he pouts.

   "You what?!" This man don't stop teasing. "Bruh... can't you stop being so flirty with me and leave so I can change?"

   He raised a brow in confusion. "Br..uh? Whats that? I never heard such word."

   Shit. "Umm... it's a word from where I'm from. It means a lot of things. You can use in when your annoyed or address someone thats close to you," I explained as I opened my drawer and looked for an outfit to wear.

   "You're very mysterious, mi angelita. Oh, whats periodt?" He asked curiously with hint sass.

   "Ok. Vocab lesson is over. Out, mister curioso, so I can change. Or what? You want to stay here and watch? How perverted of you," I scoff.

"Ok. Ok. I'm going. See you in a bit, angelita," he held his hands up in defense and leaves.

"Boys," I rolled my eyes.