T H I R T Y - T W O

TW: mentions of blood

Your POV

"Nnngh!!"

"Alright... thats enough torture for you," Ms. Eris laughs mischievously. "Who am I kidding? I love messing with your future." She removes her black gloves and look down on me. "It was my new favorite hobby." She smirked. "But sadly... I'm tired. So... here's a new hobby... it's more like a game." She grabs her whip from her belt and whips me. With each whip, my skin busts open, letting my blood trickle down and drip the cold ground.

"And that is?" I spat out the blood dripping into my mouth that was leaking from my broken nose.

   "Blowing out candles... with that, the Madrigal's are nothing but normal humans. Or I could stop the soldiers attacking the village Alma Madrigal came from and from there, Agustin and Felix would never met Pepa and Julieta. I'm such a genius... oops- I should've revealed my plans infront of you..." She smirked once more and the light in her eyes were gone from the world, clouded with hatred and darkness. Her husband even backed away as he was shocked by her change of behavior rapidly.

   "My love..." He composed himself and walked towards her. "Forget them... how about that weekly massage you love?"

   "Oh shut up, Paul," she slapped his hand away from her shoulders being touched by him. Hurt was filled his eyes.

   Knock. Knock.

   "Ms. Eris. The computer science team want to discuss something with you," her assistant says.

   "I'm not through with you, L/n," she walked out of the room with her husband and closes the door.

   I feel exhausted. My body feels like I can no longer move it. My arms are aching to be let down. My clothes have torn. I haven't been able to drink or eat for the past 48 hours. Well felt like it. The scent of blood surround my cell. The only light illuminating my cell is the from underneath the door. I have been in worst situations on my missions. So this kind of thing doesn't surprise me. But my exhaustion is calling me.

   I don't want to sleep. I must not sleep. I cannot sleep. No matter the cost. But if I just... close... my.. eyes...

   I got startled when I woke up... a warm hand startled me awake as I quickly back away. Closing my arms for defense.

   "Y-Y/n...?"

   I opened my arms and I looked the figure in front of me. "B/n? What are you-"

   I see my mom's agents flood the room and they unlock the chains, my weak exhausted body fell forwards and B/n caught me. His touch is different. It was more gentle and warm. Caring even. This touch reminds me of...

   "Camilo...?" I whispered. He smiled back and pressed his finger to his lips. To not make a single sound.

   "Let's move. We don't have time to lose," says the highest official of my mom's team, Licht. He's a quiet hardworking agent besides me and a few others. He doesn't like working under Ms. Eris's commands. He has a twin, of course. He's a handful to be honest. Licht was one of first crushes, when I was new to the agency. He helped me a lot to settle in and get the hang of things. But he brutally distanced himself from me. Wanting me to stay away and leave him alone. That he doesn't need friends or partners. Thats why everyone called him Agent Lone Wolf. He lives up to the name.

   Licht peaked into the corridor and signals us to move.

   "Can you move?" Camilo asked in my brother's voice. I shook my head weakly, signally 'no'. He picked me up in a bridal way and we hurried out of the torture chambers.

   Licht turned on his watch and deactivated the security cameras. Him and his group scanned the area as we moved sufficiently in and out of hallways and rooms. We made it to back and Licht and his men hopped into the van. Camilo and I rested on the van's floor. The van moved as Licht held his hand out to wait until we're clear. We passed the gates and made it to the streets.

  "We're clear," he says in his usual monotone. Camilo reverts back to normal and he held my hand. He kneeled down and examined my wounds. "Madam will not love this. We need to get you to the-"

I forced myself with little energy I have, feeling the pain course through me. "No... I can't. Not when... Ms. Eris is going to either blow out the candle or stop the soldiers from coming to Alma's hometown. I have to.. stop-"

"Are you crazy?" Licht snaps. "As if some random miracle going to heal you immediately. We're going to the ER."

"Wait!" Camilo eyes light up. "Your brother gave me, your bag back. Tia Julieta gave me baked goods. I bet they have still some magic left if my powers still work here." He takes off his bag pack that my brother must've lend to him. He pulled out a bag and revealed Julieta's arepas.

   "You know, B/n... your brother is stupidly dumb to almost send this dude alone. And with Arms that he doesn't even know to use," Licht's cold distant eyes glimmered of annoyance of my brother's plan. "For a scientist... he should stay in the lab. Not build up a plan. Hmph... leave that us professionals." He pulled out his gun and loaded it up.

   "Here princesa..." Camilo lifts my head up and I opened my mouth and take a bite. I felt my pain slowly drift away and I looked down at my body. My wounds sealing up and I sighed in relief. Camilo smiled as tears threatened to fall and he hugged me tightly. "I thought you were dead. I was so scared. I never saw so much blood before. I never even smelled it." His body trembled signaling that he was truly scared. Being in isolated village with no violence or crimes whatsoever, is truly new to him. "I thought your world was beautiful when I arrived, but I've now seen the dark side of it. I'm sorry I wasn't quick enough. I let my curiosity spend ever minute exploring the wonders of your world."

   "Don't be sorry..." I stroked his hair. "I'm the one who got you into this mess. And now you're family is in danger because of me. I'm sor-"

   It was happening again...

   "Y-Y/n..." Camilo started to glow and sparkle as he slowly fades.

   "The war is starting..." I whispered. "I will save you... I promise Camilo! We will be together soon!" He nods and he disappears.

   Tears burned my eyes as I stared at the left over arepa. I look up at Licht and tighten my jaw.

   "What now Double Bunny? What's your orders? Ms. L/n gave us authorization to obey your orders," Licht readies his gun.

   "Go the Encanto era and protect the people. Agent Jessica is already there. Prepare for the worst. Stop anyone from hurting the people there," I looked at the weapons on van's walls and then the weapons that was clung onto Camilo before he disappeared. "The past couple of hours... I thought of a plan that will stop everything and rest everything."

   "You don't mean..."

   "I will have to kill Ms. Eris and restart the damage done."