- Encounters -

The summer trip had reached its end with both good and bad parts. Shigure slammed his door open, excited to he back home however he quickly grew quiet when he saw the state his home was in. Food and garbage was being thrown everywhere, and in the center of it, sat Ayame Sohma looking extremely proud.

"..Ayame-san?" You called out, as he smiled, continuing to braid his long lavish hair. "Welcome back dear comrades! You must be tired from the long journey! Step in, don't mind me! Make yourselves at home!" He rambled on and on.

Tohru smiled to herself, she was now used to the Sohma family antics. "It's nice to see you again, Ayame-San!" She said, respectfully bowing. "Oh my Tohru-San! (Name)-chan! Has your maturity grown this summer?" Ayame gleefully asked, winking at Kyo. "Shut up! You!" Kyo yelled, quickly engaging in a fight. You smiled to yourself, you were glad it was a lively as always. Even after all the events that took place.

🐈🐈🐈

The following evening, when you headed downstairs, you were surprised to be greeted with a somewhat calm Kyo and a somewhat calm Kagura having a somewhat calm talk. "And.. that's why I'm asking if you're free tommorow." Kagura finished, looking nervous when she met your eyes."(Name)! It's been awhile!" She greeted, slightly waving her hand in the air.

"Kagura! Hey!" You greeted her, heading into the kitchen, you didn't want to butt into their conversation, so instead gave them some privacy.  A few seconds later Kyo followed you, closing the sliding doors to the kitchen, behind him. "Hey." You acknowledged his presence, going back to making your ramen.

Meanwhile at the same time, a certain anxious Tohru scheduled to meet Kazuma Sohma. She had questions, and Kazuma had answers.

"I.. that. Kagura and I need to talk. But.. she." Kyo paused, unable to explain what he needed to say without making you misunderstand. However, you weren't mad. In all honesty, you had gotten a call from Kagura a few hours earlier, she wanted to talk to Kyo, there was something important she had to say. Which is why she wanted to take him out for the day, perhaps as a goodbye.

"Let me guess, she won't listen to what you say, unless you go on a date with her?" Kyo, looked at you, surprised. Which caused you to laugh. "Don't worry, I'm fine with it. Go talk to her, tell her everything you need to say. I won't misunderstand. I know you better than anyone." You told him, placing your hand on his firm back. He looked back, smiling. "Thank you."

🐈🐈🐈

The following day came by quickly, Tohru went to meet Kazuma. Kyo went to meet Kagura. And unknown to you, Hatori's path unexpectedly crossed your teacher, Mayu's. Meanwhile, you had your own plans in mind.

Today you were meeting Momiji. Apparently, an employee at his dads company was related to you. And his daughter.. often comes by. You knew who it was, and were extremely grateful to Momiji for finding out more about your parents and family.

"(Name)!" Momiji called out, standing infront of the big building that belonged to his father. "Momiji! Hihi!" You greeted the young boy, who quickly latched himself on to you. You rested your hand upon his head. "She's here today, you'll be able to meet her." Momiji explained, looking into your eyes.

"After this.. let's go get lunch, okay? It's my treat!" You told him, offering the young boy a smile. "Ehhhh? Why is it your treat! I'm the one who invited you out!" He whined, holding onto your hand, as he lead you into the cool air conditioned building. "Hehe. It's to say thank you. Thank you for doing this, Momiji." You gave his hand a squeeze.

"I did it because, it was for you. You, who has been there for me, every single day." He looked back, smiling slightly before squeezing your hand back. "Nervous?" He asked, as the two of you entered the elevator. You, were incredibly nervous. You could feel butterflies in your stomach, and if it wasn't for Momiji holding your hand, it would be shaking right now.

"Very nervous." Momiji pressed the button for the 7th floor, which had a small play area, for any and all kids. "Don't be, everything's gonna go good! And if it isn't, I'll fix it! Hehe!" He replied smiling. You couldn't thank him enough, you were really grateful for everything.

A silence fell over the two of you, as you lost yourself in endless scenarios of what could happen. Momiji grew quiet, as he thought about how similar the two situations were. he squeezed your hand once more, before the doors opened. The first thing you saw when the doors opened, was the play area.

There were already two to three kids, on the floor playing with a bunch of building blocks. There were all smiling and laughing, acting like normal children.

However your eyes were glued to a quiet girl, who was playing with a small car. She had two pigtails, and was wearing overalls. But what caught your attention was how she was the splitting image of you. Both Momiji and you recognized her, instantly.

Momiji looked at you, before saying: "Go talk to her. I'll go get drinks for us!" Before you could reply, Momiji skipped ahead, leaving you alone. You sighed to yourself, hearing your heartbeat start racing. And slowly you walked towards her.

🐈🐈🐈

A/N: hehe, hi :) it's been awhile, hasn't it? How was this chapter, my writings gotten a little rusty haha! Thank you for reading. Any and all feedback is welcomed :D

 Any and all feedback is welcomed :D