Explaing the ending :)

Hi I'm writing this over a year after I finished the story. I feel that maybe my ending didn't come across as well as I'd hoped. I wanted it to be open and for everyone to decide things for themselves but I think if anything I confused and annoyed most people. Which kinda sucks so today I've decided to clear things up. And also give and insight into their lives three years later on.

Firstly I'm gonna cover what i originally wrote;
Marriage is just a piece of paper- This basically meant that emma didn't see her marriage as a significant factor of their relationship. That having a different name and a piece of paper didn't really change her life (better or worse) it didn't mean that she doesn't want to be with harry or regrets things just that it hasn't changed things.

Why harry wasn't mentioned much - this was because I wanted to focous on emma and everything she's struggled with. I know this is a harry fic so understand why people weren't too happy about this.

If they ended up together - well I guess stick around to the end of this... I won't be as vague this time I promise ;)

Also just gonna addresses two things I've noticed in comments a lot -
1). Emma's annoying, whiney, unstable personality. Emma wasn't meant to be someone you'd aspire to be she's unwell and not a goal of any sort. Yes she's annoying demanding ungrateful etc.

2). Why does everyone care about if she wears a skater dress. I honestly didn't realise how repetitive it was at the time but still like does it matter. Calm down.

- 3 years later -

Emma's pov.

"look mummy I dressed myself" Indiana beams as she runs into our bedroom giving me a little twirl. She's wearing a pink dress up tutu and a black skeleton tshirt Harry bought when she was two. So clearly doesn't fit her.

"Wow you look beautiful sweetheart" I smile kissing her forehead and running my hand through her brown curls. Her hair sits just below her shoulders now.

"What time will daddy be home" she asks as we walk down stairs together.

"Soon, do you fancy going to the beach?"

"Yes please. Can I have ice cream at the beach?" She says batting her beautiful green eyes at me, all of her best features she inherited from her father.

"Well it wouldn't be a trip to the beach without ice cream now would it?" I laugh.
~~~

"Can you believe she's three?" Harry sighs as we watch our daughter run away from the waves every time the hit against her feet.
"It was her birthday two months ago so yeah" I tease.
"No but it's all gone so fast" harry wraps his arms around me pulling me closer.
" I know I know. She won't be our little baby forever" i pout.

" Better get making some more then eh?" He murmurs squeezing my bum.
"Cheeky bastard" I whisper.
"Yeah but you love me" harry winks.
" I love you alright" I smile.
"I love you, more than anything" harry replies before pressing his lips against mine.

"Ewwww no kissing" Indiana screams.
"I can kiss mummy if I want " harry laughs.
" Well I don't need to see" she replies cheekily.

"Sassy child, got that from uncle louis didn't ya indi" Harry says picking her up and putting her on his shoulders.

I remember the first time i visited this beach it was for mine and Harry's first official date.

I couldn't imagine this happy back then .
Now I spend my days hopelessly in love with my amazing husband who's truly supported me as I became the person I've always deserved to be. And devote all my energy time and love to my beautiful daughter who is truly the light in my life