Chapter seventy one.

Chapter seventy one.

(AN – PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT)

EMMA’S POV:

It’s been about a week since I agreed to marry Harry this decision has the potential to be the best thing we’ve ever done or the worst.

Obviously I really hope it isn’t the latter but things aren’t always perfect so there’s a chance this is a bad choice.

I keep thinking about the playlist Harry made me and the Coldplay song on it, the scientist, because it really spoke to me it felt almost like it had been written for mine and Harry’s relationship. Because even though I never expected things to be easy between us I didn’t expect them to be as hard as they are either. The marriage would be us going back to the start, beginning again, starting a fresh, wiping the slate clean or whatever other phrase fits. Maybe going back to the start is a good thing because we can do it all how we want, the wedding can be how we want it and our marriage can be how we want it.

Harry and I have begun to make plans for the wedding already and I’m beyond excited it’s not very traditional and I wouldn’t want it to be that way. It’s very personal to mine and Harry’s relationship it reflects us. We’re not pretending to be anything we’re not this time, we’re being us, who we are.

The wedding is actually going to be in two weeks’ time because there’s no real reason to wait, money isn’t an issue and the sooner we re-new the vow the sooner we start again and forget the fucked up mess we used to be.

I’ve been feeling a lot better recently, better than I’ve ever being in fact. Maybe I’m not going to hate myself anymore? Maybe I won’t hurt myself anymore? Maybe I’ll enjoy life and not want to die?

I hope that’s the case because for years I’ve felt shit about myself and I just want to move on and get better.

We haven’t actually told anyone about the wedding yet and have decided to start by telling my dad tonight. We’re going round to dinner because he invited us so it seems like the perfect opportunity to tell him our plans.

I’m at work right now I’ve just closed up for the day and getting ready to leave.

I love my job it’s amazing and actually makes me want to get out of bed in a morning which is a change.

I lock up the shop to see Harry parked up in his car waiting for me.

‘’Hey love’’ he smiles leaning to press a kiss to my cheek as I climb into the car.

‘’Hi’’ I say reaching out to pull him back to me so I can have a proper kiss on the lips.

‘’Sure you want to do this tonight?’’ Harry asks as we begin driving to my dads house.

‘’Yeah the sooner I do it the better’’ I say plastering on my best fake smile so he doesn’t notice the nerves.