Chapter one.

Chapter one.

“No fucking way ‘’ I screamed at my Dad storming out of the living room.

I ran up the stairs and in to my room, I slammed the door shut and sunk to the floor tears streaming down my face, no way was a letting this happen.

No way was I marrying a stranger.

I’ve always known this day would come and no matter how much I wished it wouldn’t clearly that hadn’t worked.

I came from a wealthy family in England, it had been tradition in my family to marry someone my family deemed suitable and they would choose that person for you. My parents had married that way and clearly that didn’t end well considering I haven’t seen my mother since I was three years old, when she walked out on me and my Dad.

My Dad and I had moved in to the city and started a new life when I was six, we hadn’t seen our family much just on birthdays and Christmas’s. We hadn’t lived the wealthy lifestyle my Dad worked for every penny we got.

Whenever I saw my Grandmother she would mention how one day I would marry and handsome respectable man, that day would be once I had turned 18.

My birthday was today, my 18th birthday. This meant today I had to meet my apparent husband to be. 

My dad didn’t want me to go through with this either but he didn’t want to upset his mum either. He thinks I should just get married to please her, since she got sick she has been more and more determined for me to marry, for her to see me marry.

I guess I don’t want to hurt her, maybe I could persuade her to just let me date him, let her see us as a couple. Just pretend for her sake that we are together and will marry one day, when really I want nothing at all to do with him.

“Sweetheart, can’t you just meet him and see what he’s like?’’ my Dad pleaded with me from the other side of the door.

“Fine. I’ll get ready, but I’m not marrying him’’ I mumbled as I stood up wiping the tear stains from m

“Thank you sweetie, I know I don’t expect you to” Dad said his voice filled with relief.

I showered quickly before drying my hair, I then curled it into big messy curls.

I applied some makeup, a little foundation to even skin some blush to add some colour to my cheeks and my usual eye make which is a lot of mascara and winged eyeliner.

After staring into my closet hopelessly for quite some time I finally picked out a deep purple skater dress with a sweetheart neckline. It flattered my figure well and looked nice but not like I’d put too much effort into it.

I slipped on some wedged heels and shoved my phone and bits of makeup into my clutch bag.

The Journey to my grandmothers seemed even longer than usual, but not long enough.

We pulled up at my Grandma’s home, a huge mansion to be precise, and all I wanted was for the ground to swallow me up, to disappear. Anything to not have to go inside.

I slowly trailed in behind my Dad, dragging my feet hoping he would be here already.

‘’Emma my darling, you look beautiful ‘’ my grandma exclaimed before pulling me in to I tight hug.

“Thanks Grandma, how are you?’’ I asked once she’d let me go.

“ssshh now, that doesn’t matter. Come on say hello to your future husband’’ she said while grabbing my arm turning me around.

That’s when my eyes met his, his green eyes they were the kind of eyes you could get lost staring in to.

I snapped my eyes off him realising I might have been staring a little, he had messy brown curly hair, that somehow looked like not a single hair was out of place.

He had black skinny jeans and white t-shirt on, his arms were covered in tattoos and he had a lip ring, honestly he was kind of my ideal guy, appearance wise anyways.

I don’t really see why my Grandmother chose him as the ‘handsome and respectable young man’ I was going to marry, she hates it when people have tattoos etc. that’s all of mine are well hidden.

“Hi, I’m Harry, Harry Styles” he spoke in a raspy voice.

 “E-Emma ’’ I stuttered, he smiled laughing at me.

“Harry’s grandparents are good friends of mine from the country club, once I heard they had a grandson I though how perfect if he was to marry my Emma and of course they agreed’’ my grandma informed me interrupting mine and Harry’s awkward silence.

Of course it all made sense now, this was a favour for my grandmas friends. Clearly they were as old fashioned and traditional as my family.

The fact that our grandparents were friends was going to make thing even more complicated.

How on earth do I get out of this?

 *RE-POSTED AFTER BEING EDITED - MAY2014*

 Authors note --- Thank you all so much for reading, I love you all.

what did you think?

Vote and comment!

I'll be updating everyday, Love molly xxxx