Chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR: family ties

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸ ᴴᴱᵞ ᴮᴿᴼᵀᴴᴱᴿ, ᴴᴱᵞ ˢᴵˢᵀᴱᴿ ¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

JENSEN GILBERT WALKED DOWN THE STEPS, BUTTONING UP HIS RED FLANNEL SHIRT. The older Gilbert had a difficult time falling asleep last night. Which, had been happening a lot since the death of his parents. And, he had always made sure that everyone was in the house, or at their own house before he could fall asleep.

"Him," he heard Jenna's anger. "The news guy, also known as Logan "Scum" Fell. Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

"What did I miss, exactly?" Jensen asked.

"Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute." Elena said.

Jensen looked over, scrunching up his face. "No, no he's really not."

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him. What are you doing with that?" Jenna turned off the tv.

Elena had a small box. "I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display."

"For how long?" Jensen asked.

"Is that grandma beth's wedding ring?" Jenna questioned, lifting up a ring.

"Originally it was great-Great-Grandma mary's wedding ring." Elena replied.

Jeremy had walked down, taking one of the items out of the box. He glanced at Jensen, then the item. "How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on ebay?"

Elena removed the item from his hand. "You're not gonna find out."

"That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away."

"I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy."

The doorbell rings. Jensen looked at Elena, raising an eyebrow. "That you're boy toy?" Jensen mocked.

Elena rolled her eyes before heading towards the door. Jensen turned to Jenna and Jeremy. "What's up, other J's?"

Jenna rolled her eyes, sarcastically. "Ah, yes instead of the three musketeers , it's the three j's."

¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸ ᴴᴱᵞ ᴮᴿᴼᵀᴴᴱᴿ, ᴴᴱᵞ ˢᴵˢᵀᴱᴿ ¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸

Jensen walked down the stairs, fiddling with a tie. "Hey, Elena, I need your opinion, I don't know which tie to go with." He held up the two ties.