Chapter sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: the house guest

—(••÷[ ħέч вŕόţħέŕ, ħέч şίşţέŕ ]÷••)—

JENSEN GILBERT SWORE THAT HE WAS ALWAYS THE LAST TO KNOW ABOUT THINGS. Important things. Like, the fact that Damon and Alaric had a plan to kill Elijah, which failed. But, regardless, Jensen hadn't known about.

And, he had discovered that Katherine was out of the tomb.  But, right now, he was in Alaric's classroom with the history teacher and Elena.

"It was bad. You know, John planted all these seeds about Isobel and now Jenna knows I'm lying about something," Alaric says.

"John's going to end up dead on the kitchen floor if he's not careful," Elena says.

"Yeah, well, easier said than done. I gave him back his ring so..." Alaric held up his hand to show. "Look, Jenna keeps asking about Isobel. You know, was she murdered? Why haven't they found the body? I mean, how much longer can she stay in the dark?"

"You want to tell her the truth?" Jensen asked.

"I'm saying I can't be with her and not tell her. It's not fair to her, and it's not the kind of relationship I want." Alaric answered.

"Not to mention it's becoming more dangerous for her not to know. I just thought that we'd at least hold off until after we've dealt with Klaus. You know, and even then, how do we tell someone what we know? How does someone hear that?" Elena asked.

"Look, I'm sorry to put this on you guys. But I feel it's your decision to make. And whatever you decide to do, I'll respect it. I want to be honest with her. But until then, Jenna and I are done," Alaric declared.
—(••÷[ ħέч вŕόţħέŕ, ħέч şίşţέŕ ]÷••)—

Elena, Bonnie, Caroline and Jensen are in the kitchen, choosing what they should have for dinner.

"Chinese food or pizza?" Caroline asked.

"Like you have to ask," Elena replied, smiling.
"What kind of question is that?" Jensen asked back.

"I will get it,"  She takes her tablet computer to pick the order, but pauses when she  sees a picture of her with Matt.

"I'll do it," Bonnie took the tablet from Caroline, carefully.

"Do you believe that Jonas is being sincere?" Elena questioned.

"I don't know what to believe. I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust." Bonnie answered.

"Join the club."